Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anything new round here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm bored so I thought of starting a thread to keep what we see in the nursuries up to date. I'll start us off by saying that there are some capensis back in FEF Thomson. Never thought they would bring in capensis again, due to the fact all their previous stocks DIED. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]

So, has anyone found anything new?

Maybe we should start a thread to keep everyone up to date with what other singaporean growers have. This will open up a wider field for trade and it will be easy to send plants, we can even meet up. What do you guys think? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]

Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, some updates from my little Nep. growing area. My Nep. campanulata is going to flower. This is the second flower spike that it is sending out (the first spike got burned in the sun). I will see whether it is a male or female. If the baby is male, I will see whether anyone would like to have the pollen.

I brought a Utric. from France when I came back in May this year. It was labelled as Utric. alpina. After checking the books, I think it might be Utric. livida instead. I will try to get it to flower to confirm the identity before I offer it as a trade to others here.

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update here is:

1) all my neps DIED went i went away, so now i dont plan to keep neps anymore because they take up too much space

2) bought an ikea 3 teir metal shelve, new setup looks great!

3) Got many plants from triffid park when i went to melbourne, ill be sharing them later

guqin u still want some utric? if so ill send them with the seeds
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what happened to ebeyonder, conlin and vistary?
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colin's neps are doing fine... Bought some neps from MT a few months ago, all have survived, thankfully.

Current growlist:
    1. N. truncata
    2. N. sanguinea (two forms)
    3. N. x Gentle
    4. N. x Miranda
    5. N. x Ventrata
    6. N. rafflesiana (two forms)
    7. N. bicalcarata
    8. N. ampullaria
    9. N. reinwardtiana
    10. N. albomarginata
    11. N. maxima
    12. N. veitchii

Thinking of getting a new setup for my plants, but can't imagine what yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, I've gotten into a 2nd generation mix-up because I think I planted seeds of D.dielsiana, spatulata/Italy, communis, capillaris and possibly montana together. Its going to be a headache figuring what the babies are when they come up. Anyway, the identity of the first generation is screwed up (the plants I got from triffid park), so if I get seed, should I just label them dielsiana/spatulata/spatulata 'Italy'/communis/capillaris/montana, or as 'assorted dosera seeds'?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I see Colin is growing Nep. truncata. Can this species grow well in SG's climate?

wezx, I can offer you a rooted cutting of a Nep. hybrid, which I think is a ampullaria x rafflesiana. The pitchers look like ampullaria, but the leaves are much bigger and somewhat similar to rafflesiana. Post here or email me if you are interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think vistary's got some new VFTs for sale. I'll be going to Hong Yee's place tomorrow to pick up a few of my plants, he's quite busy right now but I managed to set up an appointment with him in the morning. Anyone been to his place recently, anything new?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast