What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying books from kk, sing cper only.

Hi all Singapore CPer
I will visit Kota Kinabalu in Sabah in the month of Sep. (12~16/09).
I plan to visit the two publishing houses in KK and buy some books, that is, if I survive Mt Kinabalu.
I can offer to buy book for you, but the major problem would be that I will not able to bring all the books on your book lists….

Now, this is what I am going to offer; one book each to the first 5 responders.

The two book publishers are:
http://www.borneobooks.com/
http://www.nhpborneo.com/main.htm

The 5 would then provide choice of 3 books, I would buy the 1st choice if available, otherwise the next… , but of course you have to pay for the cost of the book you want, ok?

Now start the draw…

Are you going to climb mount kinabalu? We saw some of the largest N.villosa pitchers on the planets whilst we were there. Unfortunetely no N.rajah, those are higher up I think.

We found some books ('Pitcher plants of Sabah', and 'Nepethes of Borneo') while we were there, but ended up not getting any.

Hi Jk,
I would like to get a book or two(if less then 5 responders).... still deciding on the titles... let me know when u need them...

btw, any chance that you will buy some neps from KK as well?

there are not many neps LEFT in kk, the last time we went there we didn;t see many, but the place and the cool weather is awsome, very peaceful and cosy
dont forget to drag your bed mattress to sleep by to the fireplace!

There are so many books I can afford to look through the whole list. There are a few which I would really like but I don't see much use for them in singapore.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ Sep. 01 2004,6:05)]There are so many books I can afford to look through the whole list. There are a few which I would really like but I don't see much use for them in singapore.
i think jk meant only the books on neps, which are just a handful.
i guess it will be useful if u r keeping neps and had like to understand their natural habitat and growing conditions better

I was out of town for last 2 days.

Yes, I plan to climb Mt Kinabalu.
Not sure if I can find some Nep to buy.
I will help you buy any book that are available from the two shops.

This invitation will close on 07/09, or earlier when we have the 5th responders. Book list by 10/09.

So far only Vistary is affirmative.

JK

Back