What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seed envelopes

Where on earth do you get those? I've tried almost everywhere already and yet I can't seem to find them...I am tired of my fridge being crammed full of tiny amounts of seed harshly wrapped in huge A4 sized pieces of paper. And I'm too lazy to cut them up and make pretty little paper envelopes. I'm trying to remember what seed is in which envelope... I know some of you (singaporeans) have sent me some b4, think it was guqin. And JK, where do you get those small plastic seal packets? Might try a jeweller...

Thanks,
Jason

Man I seriously need to get organized...one more packet and I think my fridge will burst.

Those brown envelopes aren't so good for storing the really tiny seeds because they get caught in the glue where the paper meets, that would mean the top and the middle of the front.
Might wanna do some origami so it doesn't happen, it's well demonstrated here : http://seeds.carnivoren.org/info.php

Hmmm...that might be useful...and quite easy too. Never imagined orgami owuld ever be of good use...
smile_n_32.gif

Thanks Szvein. Other ppl, any other ideas?

I buy the small jewellers' tiny zip-lock bags from the plastic-ware supplier at Alexandra Village. I have also found some of these tiny bags at the big stationery shop at Funan (second floor).

Funan...now thats a place that sounds familiar. Thanks Guqin!

you could try glassine envelopes. they're tiny wax paper envelopes. i just got 100 on ebay for about $5.

Plastic envelopes don't work to well for small seeds. Static makes them stick to the sides.

I wouldn't use plastic for ANY kind of seeds. Plastic retains the humidity inside and seeds need a dry environment to be well conserved. I'd say the best choice is paper since it will absorb that humidity from the seeds.

Back