What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triffid park

Hey all fellow singpaorean cpers,
I was wondering if anyone was thinking, or even having the slightest temptation, to order stuff from Triffid park. Because me and my brother are thinking of sharing an order, with anyone who is interested. But only if others are willing to share, as we cannot bear the entire cost of the phyto crt ourselves.

Say if we get 6 ppl to join, then thats $10AUS we have to each pay for the cert. That's practically nothing...

Jason

Ps: The more the better!

Ha Jason
i would love to get some plants also i no im not in Singapore but Maybe i could get a frend to bring them to Malaysia for me.
I am looking to get some DIONAEA and
CEPHALOTUS FOLLICULARIS
smile.gif
Maybe even some more DROSERA
If not Maybe ill place an order myself
Regards
Steven

Hey Steven, ahven't seen you for quite some time now...don't place a order by yourself, we would much like to join. Anyone alse?

Holy cramoly, I just realised I had hit over a thousand posts...
smile_k_ani_32.gif

hehe 1000 post nice
smile.gif

I might even be going back to Australia for a holiday if i do ill try and go to see triffid park might be able to take some pics
smile.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Hi Jason:

Don't you need phytos and import permits to get cp's into singapore?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steven @ Sep. 30 2004,5:55)]hehe 1000 post nice  
smile.gif

I might even be going back to Australia for a holiday if i do ill try and go to see triffid park might be able to take some pics  
smile.gif

smile_n_32.gif
There are plenty of other places to see much nicer CPs in Melbourne or Australia than at Triffid Park. They offer a decent range of plants but the setup is not the most attractive you will ever see. By all means have a look if you are in the vicinity but I wouldn't make a huge effort just to visit Triffid Park in particular. If you are interested in knowing what it looks like I'll take a few photos in a couple of weeks when the VCPS has its October meeting there.

Hi seandew
I will most likely be in Melbourne for some work but if you can recommend some places to see it would be most appreciated
smile.gif

I am from Sydney i am just living in Malaysia for Work so i will also going to Sydney for my holidays so any nice places and shops to see
smile.gif

Thanks
Steven

I'm slow to a buying spree after my mishap
smile_m_32.gif
but is anyone still thinking of buying?

Sure!

sorry I've been away for the past few days so am slow on posting

Cindy, what mishap?

Oh, the trip to the customs and AVA.
smile_n_32.gif
What are you and your bro keen on buying? I'm debating between Triffid and Wistuba.

If you are after quality, go for Wistuba.

Is 1 EUR = S$2.5 ?

I ordered from Wistuba with guqin and Cindy a year ago. Erm, under my "care", everything from there has died. The plants were quite small.

Hey Ebeyonder you speaking from the US?

I didn't know you were talking about the nepenthes nursery. Looks like a lot of $$$ we got to spend...the cephs look great though, and the phyto cert is so cheap!

I am mainly looking for slighty uncommon plants, eg. dosera, VFT, maybe other genuses like cephs and heliamphoras - don't know if they do well in singapore though. Wistuba doesn't seem to have much cept neps, and due to the lack of growing space, all I can grow are nep cuttings...

So Triffid seems to be a better choice, overall. What are you planning to order Cindy? Anyone want to join in the fray?

Jason

Hi All
Im with Jason as i am looking to get mainly Drosera, VFT and Cephs
smile.gif

as i see it if we need nepths it would be better to buy them from malasiana
Regards
Steven

Before you order Drosera species from Triffid Park let me know which species. There are a few on their list which are incorrectly labelled. I can tell you which ones are correctly named. For example- D. communis and capillaris are both D. spatulata. D. sp. madagascar is D. nidiformis. Much of their pygmy collection is also wrongly named.

Triffid Park had their Annual Open Day last weekend which doubled as the October meeting for the VCPS. A number of the Drosera species I saw on the day are not IDed correctly.

Triffid is fine with me provided there are enough buyers to share the charge for the certs. Otherwise it's wistuba because the charges are WAY cheaper and the $ will be better spent on plants. Cephs are about the same price for both.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]D. communis and capillaris

DOH!

Noooo, I thought I was on the verge of getting some new species...
confused.gif
Shouldn't we sue them for that? J/K
smile_n_32.gif

Steven: Yes the next time somebody orders from Malesiana I'm chipping in. I really have a really lame collection of neps right now.
smile_m_32.gif

Sean, did you see the binatas that were selling for a dollar each? Do you know what variety are those?

Back