What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Torontonian anyone?

• Thread starter KayWhy
  • Start date
Any Torontonian here ? I am wondering where can I buy cps here ..

I think Zongyi Yang is. Sib / Syble and Mabudon are at opposite ends of Ontario.

I'm from Markham, I guess you can consider it in Toronto, or at least in the GTA. You can buy plants from a number of locations, it depends on what your looking for. I have a list of nurseries and links here:
http://members.fortunecity.com/zongyi/LinksRetailers.htm
Those nurseries are located in Canada and can ship across the country. I recommend Carnivorous Plants Canada, Hawaiian Botanicals, and CPCAN since I've ordered from them and was happy with the results.

You can also try stores like Home Depot, who occasionally cary cps. Fiesta Gardens on 200 Christie St between Bloor and Dupont carries plants from Epic Plants. I've seen them carry red dragon vfts and S. 'Judith Hindles' (which were way plumper and more atractive than the ones at HD). Zongyi

Hi Zongyi_Yang, great site! I noticed something wrong with your CPCAN link. Anywayz let say I order live plants from hawaiianbotanicals.  Do you know how they send it to me with Xpresspost? (With a box?)

And btw,  Carnivorous Plants Canada has changed the website layout.  It looks like they are only selling Orchids and neps .. i was planning to get some dews

That link hasn't ever worked unless you copied it and past it into the browser bar. I found out why, I think its because I frogot to add the http:// in front of the link in my HTML. I'll change it when I have the time.

I know that they all send in a pretty short amount of time, about 1 day to 5 days depending on the nursery. Some of them send with a box, but envolopes with padding is used for smaller plants.

Did you click the top right button in the Carnivorous Plants Canda page? It will bring you the the nep section. They have always sold only neps, and I dont see any site changes. At the Ontario Carnivorous Plants Meeting, I met with the owner and he has a many sundews and many sarras too. I think hes getting ready to sell them. It can't hurt to ask ;) .

If your looking for dews, Hawiian Botanicals and CPCAN (which host sales from MANTIS) sell some dews. I wish you luck
smile.gif
. Zongyi

I'm pretty sure Carnivorous Plants Canada seels droseras, and sarrs too, just email them.

Hey all just lookin around in forums an dwanted to let you guys no i live in Guelph which is about 45 minutes from toronto. As for nurseries and the like there is a good seed dealer in montreal who has some really rare seeds for under $5.00

Zac

Aaaw... You're all making me homesick! I just moved back to Hamilton to live with my fam while I get out of debt! Every time I go back to Toronto I forget that I'm visiting...

I know that at Danforth and... Warden-ish area (I forget the exact address), there is an absolutly AMAZING little orchid shop. It's called Clouds orchids. He sells tons of varieties, from common ones to rare ones. I saw a tiny little baby for more than $150. A simple phrag or paph though can cost you as little as $10.

I mention something about Nepenthes to this guy, but he didn't seem to take too much of a shining to the idea, as he had never heard of them before.

Another orchid place is just outside of Summerhill station.

I know these are not CP places, but with my love for CPs, a love for orchids developed as well. Seeing these to operations in My Concrete Jungle made me feel awsum. It made me remember of all the CPs and Orchids that I had to leave back here in Hamilton before I moved out there...

I also know there is a guy... His name is. Don I think... Dennis? I'm not certain. He lives in woodbridge and apparently has quiet a sizeable collection with lots of cuttings, and possibly something to sell... I don't know of any ways to contact him though, I'm sorry.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xadis @ Aug. 08 2005,1:29)]Hey all just lookin around in forums an dwanted to let you guys no i live in Guelph which is about 45 minutes from toronto. As for nurseries and the like there is a good seed dealer in montreal who has some really rare seeds for under $5.00

Zac
Hey...
Do you have the link to the montreal site for the seeds under $5?

Thanks

Hey..
Do you guys use the tap water in toronto? Or collect rain water. I want to know if its safe for the plants. (Hassle Collecting Rainwater)

Thanks

Personally, I just lay a piece of plastic out on the lawn when it rains and collect water after it puddles on the plastic which i just lay out on the grass.   i then boil the water for five minutes just to kill anything that could be in it (algae spores from the stored wet plastic etc).

Oh, but I'm in B.C. not Toronto.

Back