What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. intermedia seed for giveaway/trade

Hi all,
I have had a pretty good harvest of D. intermedia seed of late and would be happy to send them to anyone who might be interested. I am prepared to give them away for free, but if you have some spare seed of something else you might be kind enough to trade, I would be most happy  
smile_m_32.gif
This notice is mainly for Singaporeans, but it is open to guys elsewhere too.
--
Ernest

Is it the tropical intermedia?
Do you mind sending it to sweden?
I have some rotundifolia seeds and maybe some leaf cuttings soon of other droseras if you want any of them?

Hi TyFone,
I don't know if they are tropical. All I know is that they grow pretty well in our tropical climate in Singapore. The 'ancestral' stock came from Cresco in Holland. After I got those first pots I have been growing them to the Nth generation through the seeds I collect. I don't about other people here, but I kinda treat them like annuals. Once they start to decline I don't bother much about them, but simply move on to start a new batch. I'll be happy to send them to you, no problem.

Never tried rotundifolia seed before ... sure why not?  
smile.gif
I've never had luck with leaf cuttings, so I think you would be kinder to your plants if you didn't give me any for their sake  
smile_n_32.gif
If you have any Byblis seed, that'll be great too.

Best,
--
Ernest

Ok great
biggrin.gif

Then ill send you seeds. Im sorry i dont have byblis. But ill have some D.anglica seeds soon(hopefully) if you are interested?

Just as you know the seeds need stratisfaction to germinate.
The seeds need frost.

Dosent your intermedia need that?

Hi Jimmie,

Ok thanks, man. I don't think my D. intermedia needs to be stratified ... but I could be wrong. (My friends in Singapore will be able to help me out here. It grows pretty well here and chances are if they have these plants they are derived from the same parent batch from Holland.) I think there will be enough of what I send you for you to experiment. If memory serves, there were occasions in the past where I was slow to collect the seeds and they just sprouted up in other pots.

By frost, you mean how cold? Freezer type of cold or refrigerator? Oh yeah, I need your mailing address. If you don't feel comfortable putting it here, just PM me.

Regards,
--
Ernest

I think by 'frost' he means 'freezer' like cold as that is usually where ice is made.
smile_m_32.gif

Ok thanks, Jason. Though I think I have been able to germinate sarracenia in the past without resorting to that. But if that is really what Jimmie meant by frost, then I am pretty sure the D. intermedia we grow here don't need that. On the other hand, if it is a matter of keeping the seed for a short while in the refrigerator, then that is another matter. Off hand, I can't tell one way or the other. Bad memory  
smile_n_32.gif

Hello again
biggrin.gif

By frost I mean degrees under 0 C

Well I dont really care if people get my adres :p
here you go..

Jimmie Hansen
Grönkullagatan 21 D
254 57 Helsingborg
Sweden

And I want yours..You can email it to me if you want to or send me a PM
smile_m_32.gif

P.S did you want anglica seeds?

Huh? What's that mean, Jimmie? Anyway I sent you your seeds yesterday. I sent you a PM with my address too. Received that?

Are you able to send to canada?

Nothing :p forget it :p
No KCH I havent received the PM
smile_h_32.gif

Jimmie:
Anyway, I said I would be happy to get whatever seeds you are willing to send and my address is:
Ernest Kam
Blk 48 Telok Blangah Drive
#02-113
Singapore 100048
Rep. of Singapore

Hope that is in order
smile.gif

Zac:
No prob, man. Your address please?

Hey...
Any left? I would like some. To Canada

Thanks

Sure, David
smile.gif
Need your address too. Now that I am getting more requests, I think I am gonna have to send one packet each instead of two which I used to do. But there will still be quite a lot of seed in there. No worries. Btw, don't you guys in the Northern Hemisphere have to wait till spring to sow? It is autumn now isn't it?

Hey...
Glas theres still some for me!!!
Yea, the weather is becoming cooler as old man winter is around the corner. PMing you for my address.
Thanks

Hey Ernest, sorry for the delay but i shld be sending u the intermedia seeds soon. I'm giving the binata some more time to see if the seeds will be produced. At the moment, everything is turning black.
smile_h_32.gif

Aw, nvm, Yihan. No worries
smile_m_32.gif
Does anyone know if D. binata needs to be cross-pollinated to produce seed?

yup they have to... otherwise they won't produce any seeds.. in fact, i read that it has to be crossed with a different clone in order to produce seeds...

Back