Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Austrolebias nigripinnis 'villa soriano'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Bobby,

Good to hear. How often does stuff like this happen? Hopefully the rest of the fry develop without problems.

Also, looking at the photo of this one, would you say this is a male? It was one of the bigger ones. I'm basing male off the width of the dorsal and anal fins(most photos of females show short dorsal and anal fin insertions compared to the males).
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi N,

It doesn't happen to often. Having seen this location of nigripinnis I would say it's a bit weaker looking than other forms I've seen so that might be a reason. But that is just an impression. I think it's still too small to sex easily. I'd lean toward male but that's more a hunch than an observation.

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to sure on how strong the strain is(nigripinnis are considered hardy right?) but they seem eager to show me all the weird things that can go on.

Now I've go a pair of what they call "late developing belly sliders". [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img].
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12