Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cory ID's Please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, first off I'd like to say, I didn't choose the gravel color for the tank. Nor did I buy any of the fish besides the 3 corys in the second picture +2 more of the same not in the picture.

Unfortunatly the friend I bought the tank from did a poor job of picking fish, but I am sure his kids had alot to do with that. 3 of this kind, 4 of that kind, So I am at capacity with schools of fish that need more of their species to behave. I can't bring myself to kill any of them. Only did that once when I was a kid, and really I just took a school of tiger barbs that were tormenting my angel fish, and let them see how it felt by moving them to the oscar tank.

Any how, explaining the gravel sent me off topic for a bit there, I'm back now.
    I have figure the genus species of most of the fish, but haven't been able to determine that of the cats.

\"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, I think the group of three are Corydoras sipaliwini
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My votes are:

Top pic - Dunno... thought it was spectabilis but the black spot's in the wrong place... agassizii maybe?
    Left bottom pic - aeneus
    Right bottom pic - trilineatus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about C. leucomelas on the first? The black patches seem to be located closer to that then the C. agassizii. Tho, mine seems to have many more of the smaller spots. Are there hybrids?

And I agree with both in the second pic. Knew I didn't trust what the pet shop said. On the ones I bought.
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I'd say trilineatus but not sure on aeneus, the head looks wrong -- too long. Check Ian Fuller's cory sites and the cory society he heads based in England. He has two spectacular cory books. Search his name with coryadoras and see what all you get.

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    top photo I'd say is punctatus or melanistius

Bobby

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top pic may be melanistus, by my memory of the black spot on the dorsal, but the spotted pattern is more like that of an agasizzi. The next pic looks like a typical aeneus. I don't see a third pic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3rd is the group to the right in the second pic
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast