Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys do you know how much axolotl, american eel goes for in price? and how big can a channel catfish get?
    im thinking of getting a few and putting them in a 30 gal. long (small about 2 or 3'') and an aligator gar, 3 alge cleaners and a crey fish, would i be pushing it if a got a sturgeon in there?

or instead of just getting one red tailed catfish... i hear they get really big so im not sure a 30 gal. long would be any good...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Channel cat? Alligator gar? Sturgeon? In a 30 gal. tank? Please tell me you're not serious. Those fish get huge. And they grow fast. I definetely wouldn't recommend it. You would need a swimming pool for those fish. There are lots of smaller cats and eels that you can put in a 30 gal. tank.
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i knew i was pushing it..lol but at least a channel cat?? axolot?? i want somthing that get big if even only one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its only for the mean time, I play on getting a 75 gallon in july

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Channel cats will get 3+ feet long. Minnesota state record is 44 inches, I am sure some southern states have that beat.

You want something big, yet tank sized. Find some Bala Sharks.

If you are set on native species, first check your your local fish and game laws, in Wisconsin I can keep native fish in a tank, but they count against my daily bag limit.
    If legal in your area, you could do 2 at most 3 pan fish (bluegil, Crappie, Sunfish, etc.) in a 75g tank. or possibly a couple Perch.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Its only for the mean time, I play on getting a 75 gallon in july
    This is said by all to many aquarium keepers who end up having a setback and then can't afford the larger tank (not that it would make a difference with the fish you are talking about) never by a fish unless you allready have the tank it can live in comfortably at its ADULT size.

in a 30 gallon, or even a 70 gallon tank you are limited to the generalized tropicals and sub tropicals. Yes, you can keep native fish if you want.

There is not a single large growing fish I can recocmend for a 30 gallon tank, not even an oscar.

when you get your 75, you could get a couple oscars or similary sized fish.

please also stay away from arrowanas as they requrie a very long tank.

you want a 3ft channel cat then be ready to get a tank that is at least 4 or 5 feet wide so it can turn around. (your talking a good portion of most rooms).

you could do bala sharks or pangasius cats (the latter in the 75).

If size is all your going for, I am sorry, you just don't have the tank capacity for it (and filtration will also be incredibly important!!!)

There are so many interesting fish that are smaller!

in your 75 you could do a bichar dragon, now that is a COOl fish.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, at least he didn't mention an Albino Clarias! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't their growth stunt to not exceed the tank size anyway? I'm going to get an aligator gar and a few channel cat fish, in june I guess ill just get a 100 gal. Tank... I want some feirce fish though, not like paranah but ones that would eat a goldish as soon as I put him in there... Like a redtailed catfish... Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast