Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Tank!.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All ya need is one male and one female and a 10 gallon tank. Well, some floating Water Sprite for baby protection - and in 6 months, you'll have a bazillion of them. They're the D. capensis of the fish world!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know youre a CP nut when you compare droseras to fish.

Can i get some help hear the aqarium site i signed up with isnt helping at all...

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums....MG]
    [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums....MG]
    (click)

How Do i get my Plants to Look Happy and Green again? I know alot of it is the Hair Algae. I have 2 Shy Clown Pleco's and, a bunch of snails, Im trying to figure out how to Keep them healthy, i have 2 compact florecent lamps on either side and 1 flora-glo on top. Is it to much light? Or Not enough? How do i get more light into it?

Cheers

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

what wattage are the CF? reason i ask is my java moss did not grow well when i had 4 40watt flouro on a 45 gallon tank but then i cut back to 2 bulbs and all the sudden i got a jungle of java moss.

i would say if you got a couple 23 watt or larger CF your prolly fine but if they are less then you may not got enough light
    How Can A Plant be a Crime?

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have java moss now, AND i must say it hasnt grown any, So im going to try putting it in the little cave I have... and maybe in the "shadyer" conditions

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Mar. 14 2006,6:38)]All ya need is one male and one female and a 10 gallon tank. Well, some floating Water Sprite for baby protection - and in 6 months, you'll have a bazillion of them. They're the D. capensis of the fish world!
    Been there, done that.

Started with one male and one female in a 10-gallon tank.

Most of a year later ... well, I gave up counting at like 150. Many of 'em were deformed, too, either from inbreeding or because the Ur-Mother had some -massive- litters where they all got far too crammed up in her.

The whole thing ended when an accident wiped them out. Probably best for the species.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to be off topic or anything, but can you really use compact fluorescents in fish tanks?

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two on the side for more light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some thoughts....

The plecos are generally too big to get the algae off of the fine-leafed plants. Your two best friends will be otocynclus and cherry shrimp. Plan on losing a few at first, but the ones that survive will live forever. They will obliterate algae infestations. Once the algae is gone, just give them small pieces of algae wafer once in a while.

Pretty much everyone's planted tank problems stem from too little light / too much nutrients. You could probably stand to add some more, but I couldn't find your lighting params in the thread anywhere. The best way to handle this is to add as much light as you can, then keep the tank filled with as many fast-growing plants as you can. Hornwort is great for this. Pretty much any stem plants will work, though. Once the tank settles out, you can swap these fast-growers for more attractive plants. This is annoying advice, but trust me, it works. Cycling a new tank is the most stressful fish-keeping time you'll go through. Once it settles, though, just keep up the water changes, and it'll show off for you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast