Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Whisper internal powerfilters. 10i vs 2-10i

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys. I just bought an internal powerfilter called 2-10i. there was also one that looked pretty much the same but with a slightly different box called just 10i. They were the same price. What's the difference? They cost the same, have a 90GPH rating, are the same size, etc. I probably should have opened them in wal-mart before I bought one, but I saved the recipt so there shouldn't be any problems trading them out.

What's the difference?

Clint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm, I have no experience with these filters though whisper seems to be a quality, if not high performance brand.

I would encourage you to give your patronage to a local fish store over walmart. not because I hate walmart (though I am no fan) but because:

1) walmart has no business carrying live animals
    2) LFS usually know their stuff and carry a higher quality of animal.
    3) your money stays in the local economy for the most part.

Another benefit, is that many lfs's are supplied w/ at least some fish by local breeders, and having a, angelfish lets say, that was raised in the water of your area can be a huge advantage, not to mention you will probably get a much higher quality.

/end soap box.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah I agree. I returned it and got a whisper 10 external instead.

I'd never buy animals from there, but there equipment is cheap.

do you grow aquatics? want to trade?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I'd never buy animals from there, but there equipment is cheap
    cheap is for the most part right. keep in mind that walmart forces companies to a bottom dollar price point, this usually means they have to cut corners somewhere. that is one reason ********** never sought walmart out as a vendor. trust me, your much better off with brands like ehiem, marineland, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]do you grow aquatics? want to trade?
    I only have saltwater stuff right now, and nothing i am willing to trade.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh No prob. Don't have SW anymore.

You'r right, eheim and marineland are great brands. The biowheel is amazing but it outgasses CO2 (or increases O2 a lot, depending on how you look at it)and i've heard the Biowheel grows so much bacteria it sticks. I was told to use the Aquaclear filters, but man they are SO ugly. Don't judge a book by it's cover I suppose.