0 Thread(s)
    I had no idea they had such flowy fins.

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Nov. 01 2006,3:53)]Nice tanks.
    Thanks .

Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 01 2006,6:46)]I had no idea they had such flowy fins.
    This particular variety does. My female has even longer fins than the male pictured.

Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Nov. 01 2006,6:43)]Now that's someone that knows how to go with the flow!
    Yeah no kidding. It can be a bit annoying to get him out of there and into the basket though. I need to get a couple powerheads to run in the tank to cause more current. I have a huge filter on that particular aquarium. I believe it's rated for a 30 gallon and above, it's in a 10 gallon tank. I think that's one reason why he likes it so much.
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great photos! I tried BN plecos once(normal variety, likely WC) but that did not go very well. Great job with them. While the longfins are attractive I think the standard onces are the nicest myself.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would installing a secondary filter be feasible - one for the plecos and one to do the intended job?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Wow Wow!
    Thanks for sharing! I had seen articles about people breeding bristlenoses, and new that albinos exhisted. I had never seen longfin bristles, much less longfin albinos!
    Great job!! Did you order the parents special, or find them at a local shop?

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Nov. 02 2006,6:27)]Would installing a secondary filter be feasible - one for the plecos and one to do the intended job?
    Yes and no. I'm pretty sure he's going to try to use the filter that's used to filter the water. I would have to go through the trouble of blocking off the overflow to keep him from jumping up in there, so he would be forced to either use the coconut shells like he's supposed to, or just used the other filter. Regardless though, I would end up having to move him and the eggs. I left him in there one time with the eggs. The eggs hatched, but the fry were eventually forced down into the aquarium. I found that they have a lot of trouble surviving in such a large space. So I keep them confined to their little baskets until they get about half an inch in length.

Quote[/b] (Woodnative @ Nov. 02 2006,9:01)]Wow Wow Wow!
    Thanks for sharing! I had seen articles about people breeding bristlenoses, and new that albinos exhisted. I had never seen longfin bristles, much less longfin albinos!
    Great job!! Did you order the parents special, or find them at a local shop?
    Thank you! I ordered the parents about 2 years ago from an auction website used only for fish and aquatic plants. I started out with 12 that were around 2 inches each. Since then they have grown into what you see now. I've lost a few, but that's normal. Now I have the little guys coming out of my ears .
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I wish I could have a bristlenose pleco! They'd be like a bull in a chinashop in my planted 10 gallon, though!

I heard that the albino's typically top out at around 4 inches. is this true?

I think it's so awesome how the dad guards the eggs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 03 2006,9:44)]Man, I wish I could have a bristlenose pleco! They'd be like a bull in a chinashop in my planted 10 gallon, though!

I heard that the albino's typically top out at around 4 inches. is this true?

I think it's so awesome how the dad guards the eggs!
    I think that is standard for most bristlenoses, though the albinos are probably less robust.

You might want to look into corydoras or otocinclus for your tank. JLAP
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast