Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 30 Gallon Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 17 2006,8:00)]Lol, You KNOW I know what looks good
    And why does a Georgia boy have such good taste, hmm? lol

Those plants you listed have me salivating but I know it takes time to grow them. I forgot to mention that I also have Ludwigia--not special I know, but a nice darker contrast to the swords.

Oh, I failed with my DIY experiment. Water started to siphon into the tubing...

I'm giving a liquid product called Flourish Excel a try. It's not CO2 but supposedly a source of carbon. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'cause this Georgia boy should have been part of Queer Eye when it first started

Excel is great. I posted about it in my other thread. It's auctually an isomer of a medical sterilization chemical Doesn't that sound like fun? lmao!

Some plants like egeria and those other ugly "pond" plants as I call them can melt if you add it, so be careful. It's also only available for about 24 hours before it breaks down so add it daily.

An easy way to prevent a siphon, until I send you the bubble counter, is to mix up your yeast solution the night before you're ready to use it. Add it to the bottle and give it a gentle shake to get the pressure going. Don't squeeze the bottle as that's what starts the siphon (temperature differentials can, too).

I found some wine yeast you can have Should last year.

If you have any Utricularia Graminifolia, you can grow than in your tank, too! It's one of the top 5 hottest aquarium plants right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 18 2006,9:08)]'cause this Georgia boy should have been part of Queer Eye when it first started

Excel is great. I posted about it in my other thread. It's auctually an isomer of a medical sterilization chemical Doesn't that sound like fun? lmao!
    LMAO--I knew you were a star!

Dang. I spent two days trying to figure out why the smell of Excel was sooo familiar. I used to work as a hospital tech and now that you mention 'medical sterilization chemical', I remmber a substance called Physan (I think that's the name). Anyway, it smells just like it. I wonder if I could use that instead--probably be cheaper...but may be toxic! I remmber my dad using it as a sterilizer in the greenhouse business. I think it's still around.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Physan 20. Yes it is still around. It is used as an antifungal/antibacterial, and there is a warning on the bottle to not let it get into water ways and such. Althought I don;t knwo how that is possible when you mix it up in water and water your plants with it. LMAO oh well. I thinki it would kill your fish.

Oh and I want pictures!!!!! pictures pictures I want pictures!!
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah.... Excel is an isomer and heavily diluted i'm sure using straight medical grade stuff would be bad naturally.

PICS!

BTW, Do you need a quart or so of carbon (with little white rocks mixed in ?) and about a a quart or so of bio media? If not i'll throw it away. Whoever wants it and pm's me first can have it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll see if I can get pics later. It really does look nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 18 2006,9:08)]If you have any Utricularia Graminifolia, you can grow than in your tank, too! It's one of the top 5 hottest aquarium plants right now.
    I know I owe pics, but I'm not there yet. Interesting about the utric--ground cover right? I did have a big surprise when I noticed several thin strands growing entwined among the rotala. Upon closer inspection, they are utrics! I'm not sure what kind as I did not deliberately introduce them. Very cool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U. gibba.. hehe everyone complains it grows overnight and takes over lol. I had it too untill I picked it out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast