What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mysteries of the deep...

Huh? what? why would it kill them?

nothing eats snail poop.

MTS breed like crazy, too.

oh forgot a major part of that, If I put snail killer it would stay in the bio wheel for x amount of months and then I wouldn't be able to get snails again, I said the snails clean what else their is like the other fish's turds and things. plus they look pretty sweet.

Get a loach
smile.gif
they love snails
smile.gif

Oh wait you want snails.. well never mind lol.

I was gonna trade away the lunar light... but then it came on in it's full glory!!!! i'm gonna trade that glass candycane thing for a baseball sized Eriocaulon cinereum. Can't wait for that baby!

PIMP MY AQUARIUM!!!!

DSC01152.jpg

DSC01153.jpg

I really am digging that light. Lights up the whole room blue. That should be interesting on those sleepless nights.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 12 2006,10:17)]I really am digging that light. Lights up the whole room blue. That should be interesting on those sleepless nights.
Especially with a full moon.  I just got my coralife 96 watt freshwater today.  Yay!  Real light!  Let there be light!  Now I have to find a lunar lamp so I can be luny(er)

Auctually it was kind of too bright last night
sad.gif

My 10000K lamp should come in today. I need to get some aqualight pro legs for my fixture because I've already been shocked once lol.

I'm dumb, too. I bumped my co2 tank over, the regulator twisted open and my tank is almost completely empty. It went from 800 PSI to like 3-5 PSI in 30 seconds. It seems like it would have taken longer to me, but I guess not. I swear if the regulator is broken and that's why it's reading so low i'm gonna be PISSED! I can't afford a new one....

Clint that tank is looking very nice. I want to do a planted tank as soon as I can afford to change out the substraight. I don;t knwo if I am going to go as fancy as you, but according to the aquarium place I go to my eclipse tank should just need new lights and substrate then maybe the CO2 and then I can start getting plants. I like the blue light, but man it is intense. I need to be able to keep everything in my eclipse hood. I like the no seeum look.

Also if I go planted with CO2 I would need to take out the bio wheel I just added back to the hood? I got the tank without it from a friend at work.

Thanks!

With an eclipse system, take out the biowheel filter otherwise it'll waste all the co2. If you want to grow the nice stem plants, you'll need to replace the lights that came with it with PC's. There is a way to do it on the web, but i'm not sure if it'll allow you to keep the integrated filter. Get a canister filter, they are way better anyway. I think the zoo-med 501 is like 30 bucks online.

Get shultz profile from homedepot. $6 for 10 pounds! It has little nutrients but has a great CEC quality (means that it absorbs nutrients and releases them as the plants need them). You can use Jobes Sticks like me, just don't stir them up.

What you can do, if you have a small enough tank to make it economical, and can remember to dose daily, you can dose Flourish Excell everyday instead of co2. It's a liquid carbon source. It's auctually an isomer of glutaraldehyde, which is used to sterilize surgical and dental instruments. You can probably get some from your job, as it's not a controlled substance. It's also part of Embalming Fluid. Yummy.... Seriously it can make you drowsy and dizzy and burn your nose and skin so don't smell it or spill, and that includes smelling Seachem Flourish.

If you get a breakout of some specific algaes (like black beard algae, IIRC), go can overdose excell for a few days and it'll kill the algae and boost your plants. Overdose the daily dose 3x , not the initial dose.

I did a little research and the patended isomer of glutaraldehyde is polycycloglutaracetal. It's less reactive.

Lol, i know you're not gonna do this but chemicals are neat and I like to research anyway
smile.gif

Back