What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long do Betta's Live

I was wondering if anyone knew about how old male bettas get. I still have the one I bought for my ex just over five years ago and he seems to be doing well still. He is active, eats well, and still tries to start a fight with me evertime I look at him. He keeps making bubble nests too which I assume they would only do if they are healthy. I dont know anyone who has had one for this long and was wondering if anyone else has had a betta live this long.

Thanks
Ktulu

About 3-4 years is the most I've heard of. Good job!

I wish they could breed the fight out of them. Can you imagine a tank with nothing but male bettas?

I read on one Betta site under ideal conditions they can live 9-10 years, maybe even longer.

Get a gravid female and breed them! I've done that before.

I guess I might have mine a bit longer than. Are ideal conditions a 10gal tank about 2/3 full with a filter? It seems to help mine out quite a bit.

As for breeding him what would I do with the young after I had 25 of them? I dont really want any more fish.

I've heard cool things about indian almond leaves. Maybe it's true, maybe not.

What did you hear about them?

I have a friend who works in a local lirbrary that has had a Betta in a huge aquarium for like 7 or so years (might be a little less or more)

Plantedtank.net

I think a tank full of females would be cool.

I think that males would still be better if it was possible.

Same thing with like a pool full of hudreds of thousands of neon tetras
oh.gif

Back