Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: malaysian trumpet snail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

malaysian trumpet snail

Since I've always wanted to stay away from snails I never really look for these exact kind. So I don't know what they look like. I googled them and found that they are ones with the spiral shell. Now do they come with different shells or anything like that. I also went to the LFS and can't find the "malaysian trumpet snail" but they have snails. So if they are the only ones with the spiral shell then I can just point out the ones I want. Right?

I do however have some of those ramhorn snails that came with my plants. Are these any good? Should I try to get them out or keep them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use MTSs in my planted tank to help keep the substrate clean. Rams horns are more for cleaning algae above the substrate. Weather you want to keep them is up to you. Personally I don't mind them even if they tend to nibble on plants. Here's a good place to buy MTS. I bought 80 of them and didn't have a single one die in transport.

http://www.thesnailstore.com/index.p...wCat&Submit=Go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link but my LFS gave me a bunch just because they don't want them and I'm always in there.