What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bamboo for my Beta?

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I just bought my Beta a larger bowl, actually it's a vase, it's tall and wide and I was wondering if I could put bamboo in his tank? I've seen some people with Bamboo plants in a vase and then some tetra's or Beta's in there with it. Here's a pic of Studboy, yes his name is Studboy, don't laugh! :p

studboy003.jpg

studboy002.jpg

Sure if there's room. I wouldn't overdo it.

I'd take out the shell. The calcium carbonate will buffer the water.

You named your fish? That's like the number rule of fish keeping. Once you name them, they die. I still havn't named my snake or 5 birds.

You named your fish? That's like the number rule of fish keeping. Once you name them, they die. I still havn't named my snake or 5 birds.

Well whatever you do, don't step on a crack, you'll break your mama's back :crazy:

Thanks JLAP

Yea i named my Turantulas and now look what happend! they died in a fire.

That's not why they died nep_ak. It is really unfortnate that they died, but really it's not cause you named them, I really hope you don't believe that. That's a silly thing to think that once you name an animal it will die. So do people not name their dogs or cats because they think they're get hit by a car or something??

"Come here no name dog, come! Sit no name, sit!"

That's silly.

Anywho........

Edit- Also JMurphy, if that's the number one rule of keeping FISH, then why haven't you named your snake and 5 birds? They're not fish.

Last edited:
I can call me dog the worst names in the world and as long as I say it nicely she's all happy :)

It doesn't mean anything... relaaaax NIkI.

I'm relaxed, lol. I'm not sure if JMurphy really thinks that way, I don't and that's all I was saying :)

Here's Studboy with his new Bamboo :)

Studboysnewplant027.jpg

Studboysnewplant030.jpg

I can call me dog the worst names in the world and as long as I say it nicely she's all happy :)

It doesn't mean anything... relaaaax NIkI.

Hehe. I told my friends that when I get a dog, I'm going to name it "Dammit". Then I can yell out "C'mere, Dammit!", "Play dead, Dammit!", "Fetch, Dammit!", etc.

lol :D

Lucky bamboo works fine with bettas, but I'd strongly recommend burying the roots in a dark, opaque gravel. Bettas mess up the water really fast and you'll have algae problems with the roots if they aren't sheltered from direct light. It won't kill the bamboo, but it will make it look really ugly and grow slow.
~Joe

Back