What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FRONTOSA!!!!!!!!!!

I, well my bro got a Pair of Frontosas and they keep hiding ,is this a problem???? ???

Can you give some more information? Such as, how big is the tank, what are your water specs, what are the current inhabitants, and how big are the frontosa? How long have they been in the tank? All fish take awhile to get used to new surroundings, and it can vary depending on many factors I'm asking about.

It is twenty gal with the 4" frontosas being the only inhabitants and thw ph lvl is around 7.8

around?

what IS the PH? when asking for help in aquariums it can be very important to list what the exact parameters of your water are, not just PH, but alk, amonia, etc...

how long has the tank been setup, was it cycled? what is the water movement like?

I am not an expert on frontosa by any means, but help like your asking always requires that you proved accurate detail for the assesment of your aquarium and it's inhabitants.

Oi....... most importantly, those fish are going to be too big for your tank VERY quickly. They are a very large African cichlid who can grow to OVER A FOOT in aquaria. I strongly encourage you to return these fish for some smaller ones that are suitable for your tank.

Back