Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: just wonderin'

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just looked at glasscages.com to see how much a 500 gallon aquarium would cost. TWO GRAND for the aquarium alone, not including the lighting, substrate, rocks, filters, etc. With a tank that big you'll need thick glass and with thick glass you'll need starphire glass so it won't look green.

Here's what a 500 gallon reef looks like. I'm afraid to know what the total cost was. My dream tank is a 200 gallon reef. Maybe when I'm a rich doctor and have space I can have a 500 gallon instead I can pay jimscott to take care of it for me. He'll have to supply his own wet suit lmao.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issu...4/aquarium.htm

I think I'd have to pay someone to do all the necessary plumbing for me. All those pipes and pumps... not for me Plumbing by 75 several years ago was a nightmare and an all day affair. Have you guys seen the ZeroEdge aquariums? They are short, wide, and sometimes long (much like a tide pool look) aquariums where water overflows over the edges and drains down into a basin around the tank, down into the sump through a bulkhead behind the aquarium. They are beautiful and a great novelty, but 2 grand for something that's basically a fancy 50 gallon aquarium is ridiculous, IMO. It must need topping off a lot, too since it's surface area is like 5 times larger than a normal tank. On the plus side it must be very oxygenated but if the protein skimmer is quality you should have oxygenated water anyway. they don't mention that since the inside and outside of the aquarium is covered with water, you've got twice the glass to keep clean! I've still got to have one one day Salt water's the only water worth having in my experience!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one of hte guys in my aquarium built his own zero-edge aquarium, he did it about 8 years ago and thinks the zero edge guys copied him. he doesn't care though. lol they are cool.

I would love to have a massive aquarium, I am actually moving in a few months and may take the opportunity to refurbish an old 180 i have in my garage and turn it into a open top planted tank with angelfish...

it would be a nice counterpoint to the 110 gallon cube which will be most likely going back up at the new place as well, but i have to redesign some plumbing and redo the sump. and redo the stand as well as the canopy, my taste has changed considerably since i built it the first time.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pill -- oh man a 500g is a dream! one day ... one sweet day...a 500g with a RTG

hmmm....

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, just think how many fancy guppies I could put in a 500 gallon tank!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... man jim. what a dream! yes 500g tank full of guppies, and then throw a red-tail golden aro in there!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah... doing the math.... 500 1" guppies plus one Arowana equals one Arowana!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to bad the government is to stupid to allow us to import these beautiful fish... It's ridiculous that Asian Arrowanas are still restricted, their numbers were recovered in the wild a decade ago, and the color stains bred for the hobby are to bright and colorful to have long term success in the wild... CITIES lets asian arrowanas go everywhere but the states...

ridiculous.

If I could get an Red Crossback I would sell my salt water tank and setup a 400 gallon asian arrowana planted tank in about 12.3 nanoseconds.. yeah.. i said it... 12.3 nanoseconds... I'll even time it for ya.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey ram.. oh man, they are so friqin 'awesome!!! ever seen one in real life?!?!? up here in northern CA they are strict, but i have seen them. (wont say where) but they are just AWESOME fish... and usually on the "market" they cost MUCHO $$$$$$.

ive "heard" from a friend in so. calif that in some neighborhoods, they are not as strict-- and some pet shops openly display them. i know, its crazy!!!

Rampuppy - LOL -- i think it will take me another 12.3 nanoseconds to tie a 400g tank on top of my lil Honda!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast