What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Planted Tank : )

Well I finally got a small 10 g allon tank setup :-O
Most of the thanks goes to a member that I traded for the aquatics,
He'll post if he wants the credit or not :jester:
There are 3 guppies for now gonna get a few other fish and some cherry shrimp.
IMG_0015.jpg

I shot it today :D The camera is a very nice :D
The plants are getting 30 watts ging to get 50 watts soon
My yeast reactors seal failed going to melt the bonds together :D

Ps the other 2 colorfull guppies are hidng somewhere there kinda shy..

cool haha going to put an aldrovanda in there?

maybe :D OR maybe gibba no algae there may work but I have noy much for trade.

Looks very nice.

I see you have some Rotala rotundifolia in the front. It grows very tall, you may want to move it to the back.

Had to dig this picture up. It's of my old tank that now houses some of my lizards. The right hand side is all Rotala rotundifolia.

post-22-1067988705.jpg

Okay in a few weeks a move to the back will be fine so I got background mid ground needs some grass or something that is short like it ... That plant that has the triangle shaped leafs whats that called ? Okay I'm hooked I want a 20 tall and am sorta probing the possibility of nano reefing.
And will start a small thing selling alfalfa sprouts $6 per pound of seed a pound of seed makes alota sprouts I means tons so it is profitable since there is a farmers market... And the nice allowance so another tank :D That 10 will get outgrown those rotala are mad growers....
OH whats that plant on the right of the tarrow like plant that looks grassey ? and well whats the names of all the front ground plants ?
Sorry addicted already easy simple tank that so far are easy. If I get a 20 gallon ,some drift wood,rocks,build my idiot proof strong hood,get some more cheap good lights,plants and whatnot I could have a nice setup :D

Your plants look as healthly as when they were in my tanks :D . Glad they are doing well for you.

2outof3guppies.jpg

2 out of 3 guppies :D
Going to get more since the orange guy died from no reason no deases (I stared and looked at him for awhile no ick,flukes or anything like that.)
So going to get a cory cat and some more guppies my tank has absolutely NO algae not any so no snails..

jm82792,
How long has your tank been set up?
It takes about 4 weeks for the tank to cycle. If it has not cycled yet you might lose more fish.
http://fins.actwin.com/mirror/begin-cycling.html

About the plants I had in my tank.
The triangle shaped leaf plant I think was some kind of Anubias. That was a long time ago, and the plant did not like my conditions and I ended up taking it out.
Do you mean the plant on the "left" that looks like tall grass? That is Cryptocoryne crispatula var. Balansae.
The long leaf foreground plants, grouping on the left and a single plant in front of the drift wood is Cryptocoryne wendtii.
The short grass plants are Sagittaria subulata.
All the green just off center is Javamoss.

No I have not ,my dad got them sorta without me knowing he kept salt and felt confident..
So This thing has been running for 2 or so weeks and the fish a week or so.
My dad told my mom to get guppies from (guess where?) Wall-mart so when I got them I was ultra paranoid about ick,stress and other diseases but After netting(carefully) each guy and looking at them pretty carefully I don't see any parasites or other disease ironically my mom said they got there shipment the same day ..
I have known about the cycle but was told by a few hobbyist that the plants will work and they will carry bacteria to "seed" the gravel.
So well hopefully not a screw up since
I forgot the death was within 24 hours of having them..
I'll get a test kit as soon as I can.

No female guppies? I'd toss in one female and in about 6 months you'll have bazillions to enjoy!

Okay 25% change of warm 25 Celsius water,they seem fine no gill irritation,gasping or any poisoning symptoms or anything going to get a test kit as soon as I can. They seem very happy and energetic. In theory those plants carried the bacteria on the leafs like colonies and there part of the cycle but when I test the water then I'll know for sure.
I want to get some females my problem is your supposed to get 2 for every male so the females don't get overly bugged but I want more males and other fish so no females maybe in another tank since these aquatic plants are growing like nuts (my water is hard well water is that it ?)

Yeah, it's a Beach Boys concept - "2 girls for every guy".

if you would like babies be sure their not endler's that why the call them endler's because if you were to keep them in your tank in abput a couple week s as jimscott said you will have a bzilloin babies with endler's dna witch will make them have more babies and so on

You need some ladys so the guys dont get bored than your tnak will overflow with guppies and it will be funny.

-Flash

I will soon :) I'll get a breeder tank soon.

Sweet than you will have an amazing fish army and you can take over all the fresh water!!! lol

Well my LFS (the owner) is great the guy doesn't try to sell me anything and is honest unlike other stores... He had no gup[pies but I got 2 albino coryies and some danios. I was looking at his reef tanks there sooo nice :) Flourishing and he knows what he is doing unlike the generic petcos and whatvers. My aquatic plants have bubbles of air(mostly Nitrogen right and some 02 right ?) and there growing like crazey that hydroponics nutrient even though I added literally 3% strengh(and I have done water changes) they loved it. . I will get some more guppies since I think when he orders I coud order some males and females.
I'm on dialup so no pics untill the Satilite internet gets fixed.

Back