What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My planted tank 2 months later

Alright here it is 2 months later :
IMG_0203.jpg

(1 week old pic before the tetras and the 2 more danios)
And since no one guessed what I used for a fertilizer what I used was a hydroponics nutrient that is 100% organic by PROGRO in a very very low doase it makes things grow very fast :jester:
Here is the bottom of the 55 with a resident catfish :
IMG_0201.jpg

My dad got him from wallmart without me knowing but he has been in there for 4 weeks nothing bad I did some water changes while it cycled with him going to remove most of the gravel so I only have a thin layer then lower the grate ad a whisper i10 then add some more fish. He currently has 2 airstones and a high powered airpump for life support.
My computer is not liking me the full shot of the tank will have to wait.

nice, get some angels, they look fabulous!

Angles need more room than a 10, to be happy with fresh water I'd need a 100 gallon so I'm about to dump $450 or so into a nano reef soon.

crayfish are very hardy and will grow large. I have one just over 3 inches and everyone freaks out when I pick her up to scare my brother jay. :jester: (I only do that once in a long while because I know it is stressful.) They are alos tank trashers, the can turn a planted tank into a bare one in a week. Also they need atleast one hiding spot or more.

Back