What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There's an Endler in Here... If Ya find it, Lemme Know...

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
100_04181.jpg

I'll try again another time!

w hats an endler?

They're a kind of fish. I see four fishes in there.

I know what I'm looking for, but I don't see one? What I see look like feeder guppies?

i c 3-4, theres a light patch on something that looks like one, thanks cap :)

LOL! Endlers do look like feeder guppies! Yeah, a co-worker was looking to unload a bunch and I was a likely victim. I got them, along with fishfood, a net, and a fluorescent light, for some CP's. Supposedly these are Endlers, but they might have been the result of some crossing with real guppies. But from what I've read by googling, Endlers and Guppies can mate but don't produce viable offspring. So for all I know and can see from above, these may or may not be what they are purported to be. They sure do propogate like guppies!

>Endlers do look like feeder guppies!>

Nah, feeder guppies are junkier. Pure endlers are more colorful. At least here?

>Endlers and Guppies can mate but don't produce viable offspring.>

My friend in GA did that cross. Yes they are 100% fertile. Check http://www.endlersr.us/

IDK. I hear conflicting evaluations about them. Truthfully, I've never seen this batch of fish in anything other than the tray or the plastic bag they came in. I've really only seen them from above and it's a dark tray. Maybe they're a cross. They sure don't compare to the Moscows, do they!

I see it! lol, its right on the line in between the first indent farthest from the wall, in the center-ish area. Its just a little down from where the indent starts.

Another picture:

Picture053.jpg

Jim-
The male on the left looks like a half-black (dark colored body) with a yellow/orange tail?? If so, it is probably a guppy. However, it is hard to tell from the photo. Either way, fishkeeping is good.
We have a 10-gallon aquarium at my work with guppies that have been in there mor ethan 10 years. Not the same guppies, of course, but descendents. The tank seems to maintain a stable population, more or less.

I'm thinking that my co-worker was successful with hybridization between the two. To me, Endlers look pretty much like feeder guppies anyway.

Back