What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

progression of my planted tank

Indiana Gardener

Got Drosera?
This was it a while back.

30-gal-tank.jpg

I've been taking it more seriously lately and doing more with it. I am using flourish, lowered the ph from 7.2 to 6.75 with a blackwater treatment, and heating the water to 80*F, but draw the line at co2. I just don't want to mess with it. I grow plants that mostly don't need it anyway.

It will look better once the plants mature more. Maybe they will finally take off better now that I'm heating it. I've had some of the plants for a few yrs.

The green grid on the bottom is plugged with java moss to become a carpet. I just did that the other night. I got tired of not being able to keep my moss down. There's some tied to a couple of the branches too.

There are about 4 more crinum behind the log not tall enough to show yet. That will eventually be my backdrop and overstory waving over my windelov java fern. Then the latter will further screen the base of branches so that only the tips emerge from the greenery.

my-30-gal-tank.jpg

Note the more amber glow in the newer pics from the change in water color due to the blackwater simulation.

Looks GREAT!! What plants are in the foreground?
The driftwood log looks awesome!

I agree, it looks great!

nice pics!

I think..

its a little hard to see what is going on..
you could go a bit easier on the gigantic copyright notice..
really detracts from your photos IMO..

just a smaller copyright notice in the corner is fine..
because the odds are very low anyone would ever even "steal" your photos anyway..

most people have an massively over-inflated idea of the "value" of their photos!
im not saying your photos arent nice..they are..
but there about 500 billion photos of planted tanks on the internet..
many of them even nicer than yours..
if any planted tank photos are going to be stolen, it will be the Takashi Amano pics,
not yours..
No one outside of this forum will probably ever see these pics..the odds of your photos in this forum being "stolen" are pretty much zero..

and even if someone did steal one of your pics, it would probably be one obscure "theft" posted on some kids myspace page, which you will never even see or be aware of..and about 5 people will ever see.

and..it probably will never happen anyway, so you might as well make your photos nicer to look at for the people who will actually see them..which is basically the reason you post them here isnt it?
so we can see and enjoy them..which we cant do so well if you are worried about the minisule chance someone will steal them..which isnt going to happen anyway..all you are doing is making your photos uglier..for no real gain.

just my opinion..

Scot

But where are the Moscows?

Thanks. I really can't wait for it to get fuller. In the immediate foreground there will be some java moss. I know it's difficult to keep as a carpet and requires lots of trimming, but I'm will to give it a go. Further back are some Anubias.

>But where are the Moscows?>

They are in my 10 gal tanks. I keep those pretty much bare aside from some gravel. I just have some misc mutt things and would-be culls in the 30, but would like to get rid of most of those and get some rams for it.

scottychaos, geesh point taken. I know my tank isn't the greatest, but it's mine.

A friend once had some bird photos stolen, then the guy wrote her telling her they were his birds not realize she was whom he stolen them from!

Every since, I have watermarked everything. Corner watermarks are too easy to crop out.

Back