What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Killifish Keepers out there in the CP World

Hello,

I was wondering if there were any other killifish keepers out there that also collect/keep carnivorous plants?

I keep around 10-12 types of killifish and also have CPs, mainly pings, sarracenia, fly traps and darlingtonia.

Just curious if there were any other fish and plant nuts out there.

Thanks,
Ryan
California

I used to breed a few types a few years ago. Got tired of having to do the whole peat thing, though. I might start up again a little later, though, with some P. annulatus, though...they're an obsession. AND you don't have to dry eggs out, and they're not all that cannibalistic with their young.

I have a tank of the clown killies and they sure do produce fry on their own. I have the tank full of java moss, najas, and floating plants. They are a good one to start with. I have many youngsters right now.

Given many of the killifish that have low to mid 70 degree water temp requirements I was curious if anyone has them in a greenhouse?

Ryan

Ryan-
About two decades ago I used to be really into killies. I have two many interests, job, kids etc,so don't have as much time for them now. I had a tank of Epiplatys dageti that was self perpetuating for many many years but no longer have it. At my work I do still have a 1--gallon with some unknown but pretty strain of A. gardneri in it. I never tried clown killies and always liked the looks of them. Glad to hear they are doing well for you.

Clown killies, American Flagfish, Golden Wonder killies (They are jerks), and a couple of others.

Back