1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we talking about fish, still?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, yeah at the time, yesterday i noticed the male flares up and swims around the tank, seems to be pretty territorial.

Sortof off topic about the bettas, but i had another tank and was wondering what i should breed in that one? i was thinking cichlids or angelfish. any thoughts

dustin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dustin View Post
    Haha, yeah at the time, yesterday i noticed the male flares up and swims around the tank, seems to be pretty territorial.

Sortof off topic about the bettas, but i had another tank and was wondering what i should breed in that one? i was thinking cichlids or angelfish. any thoughts

dustin
    if yah can find them locally "shellie" cichlids have always struck me as interesting.....the tanks seem to be boring as far as appearance as its just a bed of sand and snail shells but their antics seem to make up for it.....

http://www.shelldwellers.com/shelldwellerbasics.php
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    angelfish are cichlids. all cichlids have a disruptive lateral line that breaks around 2/3rd portion of the body and continues from the middle of the body to the tail. im a big fan of tanganyikan cichlids as well, but most require a tank size of 50 gallons or more. that being said, you should try the apisto dwarf cichlids of south america. they dont get that much larger than 3-4 inches, and some of the species have brilliant beautiful colors on the males as well.

or you could try north american native species like Elassoma okeefenokee, not a cichlid, but definitely a fish worth keeping.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those look pretty cool, though i don't think I've ever seen them at the pet store before, but I've never looked so I'll have to plan a trip and take a look at what they have. I'd rather not breed another live bearer just because they are pretty straight forward.

I would be giving these a 55 gallon tank

Open it up to any fish that fits the 55gallon tank size, I have really only had experience with live bearers and bettas, when i breed them. Anyone have suggestions of easy to breed fish. I was thinking of trying mouth brooders. I'm really not sure haha i haven't actually looked through all the fish for awhile, just gone in and picked up my bettas. I don't know if I have the money for a salt water set up, but i have all the supplies for a freshwater one.

Of course I'll also do my research before i get them, still have to get some things for the bettas too, so it will be awhile in the future before i start another tank

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dustin View Post
    they had some huge male bettas at petco, like 2-3 times bigger than the normal ones, they called them king bettas
    Those are plakats, my friend.

Dude, try some killifish.
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    55 gallon tank mouthbrooders?

kinda high roller status but have you seen the Tropheus species from tanganyika? or even Cyprichromis from the same lake? (i bet you can tell that im kinda obsessed with tanganyikan cichlids)
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clue: really? Hm, maybe because they were labeled as "king bettas" I didn't think they were plakat, I'm sure they had plakat genes, because they were short finned, though they didn't have much color, only a couple of them were there last time i was. They didn't have giant females so I'm not sure if the CT or VT females they had would breed with the male being 2-3 times larger than she was. I'll also check out the killies, I've heard of them a few times too.

Amp: haha just a little bit. They do look like cool fish, maybe if i can find a local supplier I'll try them out.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast