What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see your tanks...

Taliesin...I love it!

The emersed growth looks sweet IMO.

Taliesin...I love it!
Completely agree! I love the very-naturalized appearance. It reminds me of many different bogs I visit in the summer. The amount of wildlife in these swampy, natural wet areas is amazing!

here's mine...it's been floating around already though...
DSCN3167.jpg

Nice! The wood is sweet.

It's only a couple of weeks old so it looks like crap. I planted HC since this photo was taken.

DSC05963.jpg

I'm saving up for a rimless aquarium.

Last edited:
What Used to Be...

Started out as a rainbow-of-gouramis tropical community tank, but my love for catfish and river monsters took over. It went through quite a few changes between all that time:
DSCF9662.jpg

DSCF8421.jpg

DSCF7868-1.jpg

DSCF1919-1.jpg

^ No offense, but i think your tank looked better with the substrate etc, but nice RBP all the same...

@Taliesin-DS, love the natural look of the tank... btw what type of shrimp are you keeping in there???

All of your tanks are awesome, some amazing fish and plants. I am just waiting to get some more plants and my crystal red shrimp and my Amazonia.

I do have 1 running planted tank which is my Triops tank. (Pic from that thread.)

triops-017.jpg

Here is my planted 10g tank, with shrimps and snails only:

img1001u.jpg

Nice!

here's mine, pretty much served as the crossover from planted tanks to CPs. if you recognize the plant, you'll know why:
01-1.jpg

a close up:
02-1.jpg

one of the residents:
03-1.jpg

progress:
DSCN3640.jpg

another angle:
DSCN3644.jpg

my laptop's computer screen is longer than my tank. o_O
DSCN3646.jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe I haven't looked at this thread yet, what a bunch of rad tanks you guys have. Amp, that's not a Utricularia is it??

These have all been beautiful but I gotta say I like jimscott's the best. I'm a sucker for pure carnivorous plants. :)

Gotta love triops though, those are friggin sweet.

yes it is utricularia. but specifically, it's U. graminifolia.

Awesome tank :)
Very nice and clean.
I tried growing UG like that once but not enough light.

Here it was like a week ago. A lot different from my post in this thread on 7-33-10

The water isn't it's clearest because I just did my Sunday water change.
DSC06299.jpg

DSC06297.jpg

DSC06302.jpg

DSC06303.jpg

DSC06304.jpg

DSC06306.jpg

DSC06307.jpg

DSC06294.jpg

DSC06308.jpg

DSC06313.jpg

I rescaped since then so it looks barren now.

Here's a pic of my 5 year old "jungle tank' :

jungle.jpg

29 gallon, pressurized CO2, 130 Watts, daily ferts. Not much for aquascaping, but the plants are healthly and have all been with me for at least 4 years.

Back