What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

• Thread starter Api
  • Start date

Api

Happy hour..
I need some help. I have a empty 20 gallon tank and I need some fish/animals to put in it. I don't have a lot of experience, so something pretty simple to keep. Also, the weirder the better.:-D

Maybe try an aquarium forum instead of a carnivorous plant forum ?
Theres a lot more information over there.
I'd suggest you do a lot of reading first.

where do you live, something simple could be easy to keep in one location and insanely hard in the next.
i take it you want fish? try rainbow shiners....definitely uncommon and very catchy.

Well, I don't want to join a whole forum for one question...

Edit: I live in Tennessee.

it'll never be one question---trust me. you like carnivorous plants too? judging by your post count, you just started---what's the difference between joining this one and a fish forum...i do it. :)

some of the best stuff can be found in your backyard...go look up some pictures of rainbow darters, or darters in general. the rainbow shiners will do well also---both are coldwater fish.

Well, actually, I used to be another member on here... I take you advice.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

The only thing is,(after an Internet search), I have no way to find Rainbow Shiners.

Edit: No darters or shiners on aquabid. Hmm, where else..

If all else fails. You could always get a Hamster. :grin:

THANK YOU!! *Worships amphiron*

You actually have a lot of options with a 20 gallon. It all depends on what you like. If you like weird and possibly dangerous, but not much movement, try to find a Thalassopryne amazonica (prehistoric monster fish). Or you could go with 4 dwarf pufferfish. They're active, smart, and will murder anything else in the tank.

There are always celestial pearl danios too. Very pretty, very small, and very rare. They're not too difficult in an established tank.

Back