What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First attempt at planted nano tank.

Just wanted to show my first planted tank well actually tank ever. Hopefully all the plants do well and I cant wait until the baby tears make a carpet.
mluk27

I just had one little mishap from the diffuser breaking in half in the middle of the night, after the first day it was setup. Must have been to much pressure? I dont know pretty weird though.
mluk27

everything looks pretty good. what's in the back? R. wallichii? i love that plant. a nightmare with dealing with algae though.

hydrogen peroxide has taken care of every single algae outbreak ive ever had... just don't over-do it

Yes sir thats an R. Wallichii, I hope I dont get to bad of an algae outbreak.. how do you use hydrogen peroxide the deal with algae? for the cleaning the instruments or what?

Update:
Had to take out the rotala wallichii, since it was doing terrible when I got back leaving my sister and mom in care of my tank. Hc is carpeting nicely
mluk27

Good looking tank. Should look great once it fills in.

Thanks dionae :D seems like its a slow process =/

Good luck with your planted tank. I have given up on them due to every time I have tried I have had major algae outbreaks. I hope this doesn't happen to you, as a nice planted tank is very satisfying.

Yeah.. Im having that issue right now but the ottos have helped with that. I have been treating it with this algae killer stuff, so thats really cut down on the algae. lol I just hope it wont destroy my tank.

Back