Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 75 gallon Dutch style

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another FTS. Was gone all weekend and came back to some serious growth. Couple things needed. Shrimp. Have a bit of algae on the substrate. Looks to be a hair/stag horn type algae. Second. New plants. Want to replace several species with more reds. Third. Major rescape. Need to juxtaposition different plant colors and growth type/leaf shape better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks absolutely beautiful. I've always wanted to have a planted tank. This is making me want to start a much smaller scale and see how it goes. You mentioned wanting some more red plants; have you considered throwing in some cherry red shrimp? Would look killer among all the green foliage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you thank you. I actually have considered them. It's difficult to source them locally and I've never been real big on shrimp keeping, but I hear the red cherries breed like crazy and are super easy to keep, so I'm actually on the lookout for some. I'm kind of with the mindset that an aquarium cannot have too many red plants if freshwater, or too many red/orange corals if saltwater. That's always been my goal to maximize red colors since they're challenging to coax out, plus they provide an excellent contrast to the green heavy hues you find in both types of tanks. I will actually have the same mindset going forward with my outdoor bog container, as many reds as I can manage and avoid green. Not because I don't like green, but because there will inherently be a lot as it is, being that my whole yard/trees are green. I like the contrast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12