Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 75 gallon Dutch style

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 gallon Dutch style

While I wait to assemble the pieces for my outdoor whiskey barrel bog, I thought I'd share a couple pics of my planted tank since we have a forum for that here. It's a 75 gallon acrylic tank with 4x54 watt t5ho lighting and pressurized co2 injection. It's not "finished" but it's starting to come together. Going for a older fashion Dutch style aquascape no one seems to do anymore for whatever reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good! I have a fondness for planted tanks.

Where do you source your plants?
    Sarracenia Addicted... Lover of all toothed Nepenthes.
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. ~ The Second Amendment

Keep it that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind words. I've sourced everything from all over really. I live in a fairly small town so some more high end specialized gear like bulbs, dual stage regulator, fertilizers and reactors needed to be ordered online. For plants, believe it or not most of them are the dry pack tissue cultures from petsmart. Tiny starter packs that ended up exploding and really growing well for me. There is a fairly booming planted tank forum community that I'm part of so I've been able to find others in the area and trade plants and some were purchased from fish stores in other cities. Kind of all over really I don't have one central place i source stuff from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you can source most aquatic plants from the forum on plantedtank.net

Browse the for sale threads or post a want to buy, the selection there is outrageous, typically reasonably priced, and it usually doesn't take too long unless its something really uncommon.

Those tissue culture packs aren't actually a bad deal. The plants start small but typically take off and you usually get a ton of them for the price. Just be careful that it is a true aquatic, many of them aren't really aquatic plants and will die if submerged too long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plantedtank.net is the booming forum I refer to. I'm pretty specific about what plants I aim for and don't just grab them whilly nilly. I actually have one species that isn't true aquatic but it is a staple amongst classic Dutch aquascapes and that is Lobelia cardinalis. The only way to really keep it and have it flourish in a fully submerged environment is to have plenty of co2. It's done real well for me and is one of my best growers. It's the plant located on the bottom front right corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BPB View Post
    Plantedtank.net is the booming forum I refer to. I'm pretty specific about what plants I aim for and don't just grab them whilly nilly. I actually have one species that isn't true aquatic but it is a staple amongst classic Dutch aquascapes and that is Lobelia cardinalis. The only way to really keep it and have it flourish in a fully submerged environment is to have plenty of co2. It's done real well for me and is one of my best growers. It's the plant located on the bottom front right corner.

All that technology and effort so red cardinal won't grow up, out of the water and bloom? No thanks!
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't so much say it's so it won't bloom. More so that it will die submerged without heavy co2 injection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although since you brought that up I see that it can have some amazing blooms if grown terrestrially I'll be taking some trimmings and try to put them in pots at some point and see how they do outdoors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast