What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ottos

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
I was just wondering how many Ottos I would need to keep a moderate amount of algae under control in my 29 gallon community/angel tank. I already have one, and he manages to eat a little, but not enough. Many moons ago, I had another Otto with the one I have now, but he was very big and old, and he died a couple months after I got him from old age :'(... anyhowees, how many more Ottos do I need to add to keep the pupulation of algae under control, but not eradicate it totally(I don't want it ALL to be eaten, because then the Ottos would have nothing to eat)?

Thanx,
       FTG

I would have about 4 Otos in a tank that size. Cool little fish and never seem to bother anyone
smile.gif

With all my sucking catfish I have wood in the tank,they seem to do better when its in there. It seems to help with thier digestion.

George

Thanx! ***runs down the street to the petshop***

Okay... I got one more today... that's all the guy could find LOL!
tounge.gif
He looks very healthy, is fast as lightning( !!! ), and is floating right now... whoa... I got absorbed in PFT and forgot about him and left him floating wayyyy too long!!! ***runs down the hall to her bedroom, where the tank is***

You know the little catfish can eat other things besides algae. If you ever run out of algae buy them algae wafers and other foods that sink.

I have algae wafers... I've had them sice I had my Pleco LOL!
tounge.gif

Back