User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What fish go in a platy tank well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am going to set up a tank that i am going to keep a few platies in. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for fish that would get along well with them. I dont want anything that would be too agressive and harm my other fish.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
    ktulu
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good starter aquarium is:
    10-29 gallon aquarium
    5 mollies
    5 neon tetras
    5 guppies
    3 hatchet fish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spec, I hate to do this to you but I am going to have to disagree on this. The requirements of guppys and mollies differ from the requirements of neon tetras and hatchet fish....

If I had to start a beginers tank today I would choose 5 small tetras (not neon) and I would add them first, after a month I would add some hatchet fish, then maybe 3 to 5 Corydoras catfish (because I like them...they dont "clean the bottom") I would also add an unusual pleco, Im wondering what Zebra Plecos are going for these days? and last I would add a pair or peaceful dwarf Cichlids.....

All could be housed in a 10 gallon aquarium provided water changes are performed very frequenly....a 20 gallon would provide a larger margine for error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you for the input, but neither of you really answeared the question i had. I have had sevral platy fish befor and would like to get some more. I am just wondering what would go well with them, i dont really want a tank with out atleast one platy in it. They are my favorite kind of fish, so if anyone has any suggestions of fish that would get along with them, that would be great.

Thanks
    ktulu
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok....I take this back....I read the question as what fish go in a plant tank....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

its ok, i went back and read that, and it is a bit confusing. Sorry about that. I meant platy, the fish, not plants.

Sorry about the confusion.
    Ktulu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Spectabilis73 @ June 25 2003,09:13)
    A good starter aquarium is:
    10-29 gallon aquarium
    5 mollies
    5 neon tetras
    5 guppies
    3 hatchet fish[/QUOTE]
    i meant 5 platties, not 5 mollies [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] and kayaker, this was one of my first aquarium set ups I had about 6 years ago, and the fish were great [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Hmmmm... cories or danios would do well, also.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

9. Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast