Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help, need Microworm Starter culture!!! FAST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OD,

Check out AquaBid. There are people selling cultures on there of different sizes.

Btw, you can take a lettuce leaf, put it in a container of water or a petri dish or something, let it begin to brake down and feed anything in the water (along with part of the lettuce if you want), to your babies.
    Lithops care info: If you take care of it, it will die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vertigo,

I'll try it!

Jim,

Yep, that female is getting fat and has the telltale sharp vertical stripes that get darker every day! She is doing the mating dance with him now, and they should be going for it anytime now. The only TRUE struggle their having is maintaining his bubble nest! Now that she is out, he is more interested in her than his Bubble nest...and it is really suffering because of it. I dunno. Perhaps this round won't work and will have to wait a while. But, my other pair of bettas still looking good.
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OD,

Do you have anything at all in the tank to support the bubble nest? (ie. bottom of a styrofoam cup, small plastic bag filled with air floating,...grass or something leafy for it to grab onto...etc.)
    Lithops care info: If you take care of it, it will die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You bet I do. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] I studied a bit off the net and received that same advice. Right now I have a half of a styrofoam cup and it has produced quite a nest of bubbles! In fact, in the time between my answering this post...the male and female have now been given access to each other and JUST TODAY I returned from the University in time to catch the last couple "sessions"! I saw several eggs start to float to the bottom and the male AND THE female worked on picking them up and blowing them into the bubble nest. I have the female now removed and she is resting with some water conditioned for replacing her slime coat and with the warm temp keeping her healthy. I hope she does fine in the recovery.

I feel it was a success...but I believe this case was a slim outcome. I mean, there didn't seem to be many eggs. But, how could I know! The little salt granule look alikes are hard enough to see before they were in the nest. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow or so.

Thanks for the advice! I have some brine getting ready to begin their hatching process...and I have had the lettuce leaf sitting in warm water for a couple days now. Hopefully it will be ready in a couple of days!

Thanks guys for the help!
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try the the stock shop - http://www.petfish.net/order.htm
    They have some live food and some notho eggs (very cool fish, i was thinking of getting some).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12