User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: wild betas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 7 fish tanks and i was thinking about adding a 10 gallon, short finned wild betta to my arsinal. I want a betta under the genus macrostoma. I know its immoral i wanted to breed them even though the're fighting bettas. Dose any one know where i can find or buy one.

thankx
    if kids were affected by video games we would all be running around in a darkened maze listening to repetitive music looking for fruit yelling yak, yak, yak, gobble, gobble, gobble, moo, moo ,moo.

Anson Nesbit 13
    N. Maryland- friend of monkeyman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Lithopsboy,

Betta macrostoma is a very rare fish and very expensive. We are talking $100-$200 a pair -- if you can find them. The good news is the males don't really fight like with Betta splendens. There is a listserve a guy from Brunei runs devoted to macrostoma. I think its called <bruneibetta>. It may be a yahoo group. They could help you find some. They are difficult to keep and even harder to breed. Now there are many other species of Bettas. I used to raise Betta strohi -- a 4" greenish-black mouthbrooder. Betta albimarginatus is gorgeous, as is Betta rutilans. Macrostoma isn't a genus it's a species. Betta is the genus. Take a look at the Anabantoid Society of Great Britain webpage and the International Betta Congress webpage.

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Hi Lithopsboy,

Here's the webpage for macrostoma bettas <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bruneibetta/>. Check it out. If you join, be prepared, the site gets alot of spam, so carefully check any emails you get from it.

Bobby