Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New guy introduction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

The "mystery" bulb plants are usually Aponegeton crispus, ulvaceus, natans and Nymphars. Sometimes there are hybrid bulbs in the mixes. They are great growers. I'd clip the flower stalks as you get more leaves that way. I have 2 big 8" pots of them in 2 of my tanks. Aponegeton bovinianus is gorgeous -- long wide forest green waffled leaves. A. longiplumiflorus (spelling?) is also a killer -- huge. For great plant info check out "the crypt pages" which is a Dutch hobbyist's site -- enormous, info filled, a zillion pics only on crypts and Tropica.com which is a great Danish plant nursery. They have wonderful info and pics on their site -- info on all the plants they grow.

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bobby,

Whats their website? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doug - Yup, tank #1. Most of the other plants weren't ones we brought in. We had a few Hygro (green, red, and one other.) We had a few Sag's. One supplier, Dolphin International, had a bazillion of different aquatic plants that our retail guy would bring in. Maybe that is where to get the others.

Bobby & Nflytrap: Thanks. I had forgotten that they were of Aponogeton genus. My favorites were the bulbs and water sprite. The bulbs were like some underrated plant, but they were reasonably attractive and halthy as all get out! WE sold tons of anacharis, cobomba, hornwort(why?). corkscrew val, amazon swords, and banana plants. Also sold a lot of non-aquatic types - purple krinkle, palms, crotons, etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Hi Spec,

I don't have a webpage. I'm too dumb to build one :-).

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Hi Spec,

Oops, www.tropica.com.

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Hi Spec,

The crypt pages is <http://132.229.93.11/Cryptocoryne/index.html>

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (biggun110 @ April 26 2004,9:32)]Hi All,

The "mystery" bulb plants are usually Aponegeton crispus, ulvaceus, natans and Nymphars. Sometimes there are hybrid bulbs in the mixes. They are great growers. I'd clip the flower stalks as you get more leaves that way. I have 2 big 8" pots of them in 2 of my tanks. Aponegeton bovinianus is gorgeous -- long wide forest green waffled leaves. A. longiplumiflorus (spelling?) is also a killer -- huge. For great plant info check out "the crypt pages" which is a Dutch hobbyist's site -- enormous, info filled, a zillion pics only on crypts and Tropica.com which is a great Danish plant nursery. They have wonderful info and pics on their site -- info on all the plants they grow.

Bobby
    True, but they are pretty expensive. I noticed the bulbs are cheaper, but with these they never sell them.

A. longiplumiflorus

I think its A. longiplumosus...but the first does make sense!
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula &#39;Red Dragon&#39;(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i mean the crypt pages website

nevermind... just saw you posted the link [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123