Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tank updated shots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would a large aponogeton do? Would A. ulvaceus fill this spot nicely?
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nflytrap,

Ulvaceus would be great. It is inexpensive, large and the leaves are gorgeous. They are easily damamged by nets as they are thin. You might try Rotala wallichi too. It can become gorgeous. Thanks for returning the boxes. How are the worms doing? I'm still waiting on word on the mollies. I'm glad you got 2 more females. With three, you should have alot soon. Hopefully, you'll have more fry soon. 3 of my adult females died last week. I think it was due to too rich a diet and they developed to many too large fry inside and then couldn't release them. This happens alot with livebearers and I feed alot as I am always growing fry. Bloodworms may be the main cause. Keep an eye on your feeding!

Bobby

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worms are doing great! One of your cultures has turned sour and I'm going to clean it out after gleaning a few more worms from it. The 2 I set up are going nicely. The worms are up the sides and a few on the ceiling. Hard to tell, but i tink the grindals are also reproducing. Still suually see only around 2-5 worms on the surface. I add crushed flakes...which seem to dissapear within a day...so I guess they may be eating them.

The daphnia didn't do anything...drat holding stuff at the post office!

Sorry about the females. I've been feeding them quite a bit(mainly Hikari micropellets). Today they didn't eat anything cause its Monday and that means no food...lol No bloodworms, but I'll cut back on the feeding regime a bit. The female you sent is looking plump!

I think it might be useful to trade females every once in a while if you stay in contact long enough(add some fresh genetic material). For example, you would prehit one of your females and send it. Then, I would get one of mind and send it to you. Thats thinking a bit far ahead though.

Thanks!
    1 Nxventrata

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nflytrap,

Glad the worms worked. We can try the daphnia again sometime. Trading in a few generations would be great. One reason I breed in colonies as opposed to using virgin females and selected males to make a fixed strain is that colonies preserve good genetic variety. You need at least 4-6 pairs and then all the sizes of fry growing up. Mine are sexing out now too and it looks like I will have a godd number of females. I have been breeding nezzies in a colony selecting for the largest size for 5 years now and probably 12 generations and the fish are bigger and prettier than when I started. Cyprinodonts are pretty good at maintaining genetic viability if given half a chance.

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTw, when do the little males start getting the spots on there dorsal fins? I think they think they already have them...acting up and all until the big male shows up.

Would it be possible to have the red tiger lotus in front and either giant vals or A. ulvaceus behind it? Thanks!
    1 Nxventrata

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about spatterdock(N. lutea). I'm like a little kid in a candy store browsing all the online vendors. I will probably be ordering from aquariumplants.com and aquaticplantdepot.com

The others either I've heard bad stuff about them or they were just more expensive and so fell off the list. Would really like some pgymae though...only aquabotanic carries that.
    1 Nxventrata

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nflytrap,

The spots in the dorsal vary from male to male and seem to keep developing as they grow. The plain monties have better dorsal spotting -- really impressive. Spadderdock needs cool water, so I would skip it. The red lotus would do well in front. Look at Rehoboth Aquatics for lotus and if you order tell Toyin I sent you. He is a friend. If you join the AGA you can probably score some good plants in trade or purchase off their listserve discussion group.

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I though I would post a pic of the 80 gallon my dad and I work on.

I still want to get a CO2 injector so we can grow more plants. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast