Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon fish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a dragon fish (also called a violet goby) about two months ago. He came with a sheet of basic information, and I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with them.
    Thanks,
    Meg

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I have! I use to work in a tropical fish wholesaler and we brought them in, assuming it is the same fish. Long, slender, brown, skeleton-like? Maybe ~6-10"? Never actually saw them eat. I imagine they will eat live shrimp or tubifex worms. Can you show me a picture? Gee, haven't seen your mom on the forums in awhile. Looks like you've got control of the keyboard! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup..fits that description. Looks like something you would find in a haunted house. They will eat the foods you suggested...and grow pretty big. Do a google on dragonfish(then find the sci name...should start with goboides) and google again. You'll get plenty of info. Second step is to eliminate arrowana sites.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup guys, that's it exactly. I never thought to try live shrimp. I tried the frozen stuff but it never seemed to amount to much. I'll try to get a pic of him as soon as I can, he's pretty shy and when I can get him out to the front of the tank the lighting's never right. & thank's Nflyrap, I'll do a search and see what I can find now.
    Jimscott, yeah, mom's not very sure of herself when it comes to pc's, and lately she's been kinda neurotic (I believe that's the word that she uses) and she knows this is one of Steve's favorite sites, so she tries not to pester him here. She figures it's the one place he should be able to escape from her at. (LOL).
    Later & thanks,
    Meg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ June 12 2004,3:58)]Yes I have! I use to work in a tropical fish wholesaler and we brought them in, assuming it is the same fish. Long, slender, brown, skeleton-like? Maybe ~6-10"? Never actually saw them eat. I imagine they will eat live shrimp or tubifex worms. Can you show me a picture? Gee, haven't seen your mom on the forums in awhile. Looks like you've got control of the keyboard! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    you mean big carnivore kid? actually I think "shes" male [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (DizzyLizzy @ June 12 2004,11:29)]Yup guys, that's it exactly. I never thought to try live shrimp. I tried the frozen stuff but it never seemed to amount to much. I'll try to get a pic of him as soon as I can, he's pretty shy and when I can get him out to the front of the tank the lighting's never right. & thank's Nflyrap, I'll do a search and see what I can find now.
    Jimscott, yeah, mom's not very sure of herself when it comes to pc's, and lately she's been kinda neurotic (I believe that's the word that she uses) and she knows this is one of Steve's favorite sites, so she tries not to pester him here. She figures it's the one place he should be able to escape from her at. (LOL).
    Later & thanks,
    Meg
    Interesting dynamics to this sibling rivalry thing.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More of a sibling revelry [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a picture I found by doing a search. The site also says they eat ghost shrimp, which are cheap and easy to purchase.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast