What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Urgent

Ahh,

I ran out of fish food for my cichlids! I thought I had a second jar of pellets and flakes, BUT ITS GONE! All I got is a giant jar of... goldfish flakes... Can I feed this to them untill Tuesday?

Hi Spec,

Goldfish flakes will be just fine. Even better, fresh chopped up earth worms and bugs if you can find them. You can freeze the earthworms and it makes chopping them less messy
smile_n_32.gif
. Just do tiny bite size chunks. Fruit flies are a great food.

Bobby

Your sisters work, too!
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (biggun110 @ June 17 2004,11:23)]Hi Spec,

Goldfish flakes will be just fine. Even better, fresh chopped up earth worms and bugs if you can find them. You can freeze the earthworms and it makes chopping them less messy
smile_n_32.gif
. Just do tiny bite size chunks. Fruit flies are a great food.

Bobby
Ok, will do. I found some tubifex worms, will those work as well? I don't like them as they can carry diseases... this is the wardley brand...

I would use earthwormd bugs, but we recently used bug poison on the lawn! Don't want 50 floating fish tomorrow morning!!

whoa! You have 50 fish in the tank? I was about to say they would be fine if you didn't feed them till tuesday but nevermind. Goldfish flakes will be ok to use.

Freeze dried tubifex should be clean. When grown with clean, running water, their systems are supposed to be cleaned out - so I am told.

smile_k_ani_32.gif
They aren't taking a good liking to the goldfish food! They DO eat it, but don't seem to like it

I know every single fish by thier marks... I even named one of them cause he had a gimpy fin on one side... nemo! he was a runt...
AND I DIDN'T SEE HIM THIS MORNING!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_t_32.gif
confused.gif

Unless its a huge tank, 50 is alot of fish.

My oscars go days without feeding sometimes even a week. Cichlids are pretty,well, South Amer. are anyway.

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ June 19 2004,2:20)]Unless its a huge tank, 50 is alot of fish.

My oscars go days without feeding sometimes even a week. Cichlids are pretty,well, South Amer. are anyway.

Joe
huge fish like oscars have a very low metabolism. theyd o fine a week without food... different for little convicts though
confused.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

yea, 50 is a lot, and its in a 30 gallon fish tank! No bashing!
mad.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Convicts do very well in food droughts too. I have 3 cons, 2 regulars and my daughter has a pink con. Extremely hardy fish. I also have an albino 1 eyed red devil, they are very hardy too.

Joe

moderator,
why was my post removed?

Scot

smile_k_ani_32.gif
Thats interesting... I never got to see it though! You should'a been PMed telling you why if it was removed... Thats what I did as a mod anyways
confused.gif

Maybe you bashed me about many fish
smile_m_32.gif
Send your message to me via PM

Back