Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As per request (fish dye)

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panchax are very colorful, just a bit more diffeicult to get hold of. I still stand by fancy guppies and the other typical livebearers as well as Anabantoids. They are prety, cheap, and easy to care for - not to mention easy to propogate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Sep. 19 2004,3:26)]Panchax are very colorful, just a bit more diffeicult to get hold of. I still stand by fancy guppies and the other typical livebearers as well as Anabantoids. They are prety, cheap, and easy to care for - not to mention easy to propogate.
    you talk about them as if they're PLANTS [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been in plant mode for awhlie, now!

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides, most people around here talk about their plants like they're people (myself included) so it's only natural to talk about fish as if they were plants...... I think...... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

The dyeing of fish is ridiculous, the fact that it weakens and kills the fish alone is bad enough, the fact that it's not usually mentioned on the tanks of these poor specimens is a good clue that it's a "secret" best kept from the unsuspecting public (like GM foods, which are supposedly "difficult/impossible" to label in the exact same way, it seems)

Thanks for starting this thread, sad as it is to think about, not knowing is worse.....
    There are plenty of colourful fishes already, as many here have said... what's next, painted turtles that are actually painted maybe Nike could look into that one, ethics don't seem to be a problem for them [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is way wrong, but i totally support the glowing zebra danios. these are so awesome! they are GM so they dont feel a thing. i think it's awesome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the glowfish topic from a ways back:

Glow fish topic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dislike glowfish, as it takes away from the natural beauty of fish. Kids these days will probably expect all fish to be neon and glow like that, not exactly admiring the beauty of what has already been so generously provided.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12