Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The coming of the age

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soon, they will be going off to college *sniff*

They sure arent as impressive as the older male, but I give them a 10 for effort [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Today they seemed exceptional rowdy, sparring and chasing each other and the females all around, so I got some good shots. These photos do them no justice at all, in life the scales reflect blue green, and gold irridescence-what you see in the viewfinder or with yours eyes and what the camera gets for you are 2 totally different things.

I just love the patterning on the dorsal fins and how they hold them up high while showing off-the opaque area and the spots are much more prominent in life.

In the middle of the action.

Edit: I went click happy while editing these photos-no those spots arent ich.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice swords! Make sure, if they stay in the dorms, to go easy on the dining hall food! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi N,

Great pics! They developed well. Mine were dancing all around today after their 80% water change. I have about 8 pairs and will soon go down to 6 pairs. I guess there are 30 fry in the tank too. Time for an angel! The male monty hybrid hi fin has an interesting dorsal. It is a hi fin but the hi fin rounds out so it is very full. Sadly, the helleri hi fin I used carried a bending over of the dorsal's rays gene so the fin goes up and then back. You want the fin to go up and just spread out like a line I had for 6 generations up to 4 years ago -- They would have been great to cross with a monty! Their hi fins are the best I have ever seen. They males were 3+ inches and their dorsals were back over their tails. When spread they were like giant wide V's. I miss them alot. They were the best line of fish I ever bred.

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, those high fins sound awesome! Its hard to imagine a high fin monty, i'm guessing that it just has a very large dorsal fin...how are the spots positioned? You need to borrow a camera dude!

I have some pics of high fin platies in which the fins draped over the tails(one of Axelrod's book)...they were red or green with yellow dorsals so they could have been called blondes [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] The info in that book is pretty outdated, I just realized it only covers a fraction of the notho species.
    1 Nxventrata

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Oct. 03 2004,6:00)]Nice swords! Make sure, if they stay in the dorms, to go easy on the dining hall food! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    LOL I'll say these guys are eating good stuff-Micropellets, Bio pure daphnia, bloodworms and microworms.
    1 Nxventrata

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow... i want one of those!