Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good. Note that your mollies prefer hard akaline water as opposed to soft and acidic. It may be because of lack of water changes or the buffering capacity of the water. If your water comes naturally out of the tap(even after being set out for 24 hours) at that low of a ph(and probably soft also) then you might as well take advantage of it and raise fish which will enjoy those conditions.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that would characteristically be South American fish: piranha, angels, discus, cardinals, neons, otocyclus cats, Corydoras cats, arowanas, rummy nose rasbora, blue tetra, gold tetra, potholle cats..... Ya may not want piranha, though. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or SE Asian fish like the anabantoids...and of course killifish!
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

More questions [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] . This time about fry because my mollies had some. The last time I counted I got 14.

6. How do I raise the fry?
    7. What do I feed them?
    8. Will they be allright in the same aquarium as my other fish? I have 2 mollies and a cory.
    9. How long do they take to grow up?
    10. Will they be a hybrid or will they have the same traits as one of the parents?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Believe it or not, Tetra min sells molly flake fishfood. Mollies like vegetation in their diet and even though algae is unsightly, they derive much nutrition form it. They will do well in a planted tank. you can but water sprite or inexpensive plat bulbs, etc... As long as they are big enough not to be eaten, they will be alright. Other mollies and a cory cat are fine. Mollies, unlike the other livebearers, are born big enough that the mother doesn't bother them. Keep the tank at a stable, warm temp (80 is good). It will take several months to reach a good size. It all depends upon the genotype of the parents as to what their phenotype will be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So planted tanks are good for them. What are some good plants to start off with and how do I care for them? How about the Marimo Moss Balls? I hear that they are incredibly easy to care for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not familiar with them, but water sprite and those cheap plant bulbs are easy and hardy.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hornwort, Java Moss, Java Fern, Cryptocoryne, And Anubias are good plants with 1.5 watts of light per gallon.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast