Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Fundulopanchax sjoestedti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well-well the orthonotus eggs that I'm planning on sending to Rick seem to have a mind of their own and are eyeing up. Two faint black dots in the eggs. Looks like he will have a remarkably short waiting time!
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nflytrap,

Nope I won't be going to the West Coast Weekend but alot of good people do and the programs are always excellent. If you can make it you won't be sorry.

Let me know if the dvd works.

I've got a copy of a book for you and the pump. I will mail it out after Xmas.

Look for a gold ring around the eyes as that is when the fry are ready to pop out. Killies lay eggs that develop fast and slow to cover all possible natural conditions -- early rains, late rains, no rains, etc. Send the eggs out soon as they ship better when they are not too developed.

Merry Christmas,

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Merry Christmas to you too. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Would there be any room to try to slide either grindals or daphnia in the box? I'd like to give em a shot again. Don't need a big start. My daphnia culture is down again-unsure if its just temporary. Any ideas to "wake them up"?

Thanks again!
    1 Nxventrata

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nflytrap,

I can send some grindals. The daphnia may be iffy as it is freezing tonight and 25 F tomorrow and the adults may die off and lay winter resting eggs. How are your microworms? Save the muck at the bottom of your daphnia as there may be eggs there if they were outside. Daphnia cultures require alot of attention and always have 3 going at any one time.

Good questions on the AKA list. That was a great gularis picture posted.

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm over the hump with the microworms. One culture went moldy but the rest seem fine and I am starting as many as possible for shotgun. Plus, the baby monties like them [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] One of the new ones has worms assaulting towards the top so it looks like I have the problem solved
    Let me know when this stuff goes out. I wonder what this book is about?
    1 Nxventrata

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I know why N. symoensi is your favorite notho...

Just one of the photos I found.
    http://images.killi.net/s....798.jpg

Resembles N. kafuensis in many ways and is kinda like how I envision chunga to look like with its orange body markings.
    1 Nxventrata

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nflytrap,

Well, not only did you find a photo of symoensi but you found a photo of one hatched from eggs I sent to Tony two years ago so you are looking at mine. That is a young male. The belly area is not light like that. That's the camera. It is all orange/blue/purple. They are gorgeous. They are cloesly related to kafuensis as are sp. caprivii and the legendary and gorgeous polli. I need to set mine up for the next generation.

I lost my one female zonatus to dropsey this week. This leaves me with one batch of eggs to wait 6 months to hatch. I hope I am lucky.

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bummer on the zonatus. Heheh...small world eh? Tony apparently takes lots of killifish photos.

Have you kept N. sp. caprivi? The photo in the article makes them out to be light colored fish with ice blue tones [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Have you received your box back? Also, have you sent out the items yet?

Btw, I've seen several threads on growing "grindalworms on poly". Kinda unsure what it is but it looks like they are keeping grindals in a sponge or something similar. Sounds interesting-and would probably make harvesting clean worms without dirt easier...LOL

The blue gularis male is just getting more and more finnage-he's gorgeous. I can't tell if he's getting larger, but he's definetly got some new extensions on his ventral fins. He's out in the open(what little open we have-gotta do some mega Najas trimming!) pretty much all the time now. Same for the female. A few lucky guests who saw him were quite impressed. They are also quite interested in the annual eggs thing. They've been spawning like crazy lately.

Yet another question about hatching baby brine shrimp. Is there any risk, particularly with the 2 liter soda bottle method, with the pump backfilling?

Thanks!
    ~Joseph
    1 Nxventrata

Drosera capensis

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast