Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chromaphyosemion splendopleure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi N,

You have males. Now you should be on your way. That Chromo is gorgeous. I hope you get lots of fry. Killies are so pretty.

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bobby! I definetly agree with that.

The kafuensis males are coloring up and growing quite rapidly. I hope they grow quick and catch up to those females.

Also, the splendopleure have been turning out lots of eggs. I checked the moss today out of curiosity and picked maybe 8 before stopping. One was eyed up. I put maybe 4 on peat and a few including the eyed up one into a small container for water incubation. I hope it works out this time [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

~Joseph
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi N,

The males will catch up to the females plus you have new females. Growth now is rapid and Nothos raised by you are always easier to work with. Hopefully you'll have lots of eggs/fry in 6 or 7 months. Those Chromos look better ever time I look at the pics. If you found eyed up eggs that means there are more you missed so start feeding that tank live bbs every day. You'll have Chromos everywhere. Use tank water for storage and change it daily. Did the AKA sedn you the new Beginner's Guide?

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bobby: I definetly agree that Nothos raised by oneself are much easier to deal with then those that have to acclimate to totally new conditions. Something not likely to happen in the wild.

I'll get some BBS into that tank. The fry should hang around near the top right? My plan is when I spot them to remove them so they don't get eaten. I hear Chromaphyosemions can be a bit slow growing-think its 3 months for them to sex out and 6 to breed. It will certainly be worth the wait though [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Speaking of plant spawners, how are the calabrica doing for you? I've been following some of your posts on killietalk-as always very informative [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] Breeding up a storm sounds pretty good though [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Didn't get the new beginners guide, but did get my second issue of JAKA. The fish on the cover are just plain spectacular! Now I see why you reccomended Procatopus! The articles in both have also been very informative.

~Joseph
    1 Nxventrata

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick update.

Only 1 egg I put on the peat fungused. If any eggs in the water incubation fungused I can't find them(some duckweed and java moss in there). From what I remember peat incubation should really slow down how fast these eggs develop? My guess is that once they eye up I'll remove them and stick them in the water and hope for the best.

One of the KAF males looks just like a mini of he photos I've seen. Early bird. They seem to grow every time I look at them!
    1 Nxventrata

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 Nxventrata

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi N,

Nice. On the eggs, when they are ready you can see the fry turning around in the egg and the eye gets a bright ring around it. Just look closely. 2-3 weeks in the normal incubation.

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bobby: Right now(or last time it was checked) the egg had definite eyes but they were not golden yet. Maybe a few more days for this one. Can hardly wait for for some fry from these fish!

I think the eggs that I'm getting are good ones as they are no longer all fungusing [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

~Joseph
    1 Nxventrata

Drosera capensis

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast