What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request for input: biorb

• Thread starter krystian
  • Start date
One obvious problem I see is the advertising of sticking 3 goldfish in it.

IMHO it is not worth the money. You could equip a ten gallon tank fully for less than 1/2 that. You could equip a betta in a critter keeper with everything you will need for around $20

$89!!! For that little, tiny, not-a-fish-habitat! You could buy a 29 gallon tank at most any pet store for $50, all you would need then is a filter, a hood, and a heater. Total price would be less than $150, probably even less if you searched on craigslist (they have tons of these offers). And then you could house a single goldfish, or go nuts and get a whole group of livebearing fish like platies, or guppies--such fun.

of course it gets stellar reviews, on their own website!!
Hitler got stellar reviews too..he made up the reviews himself.
smile_m_32.gif

every terrible, deadly, and dangerous product that has ever existed got stellar reviews from someone....

well..these arent nearly as bad as aquababies.
at least they are somewhat large, according to the biorb website, the orbs come in 30, 35 and 60 litre sizes.
http://www.biorb.com/index.asp?CatID=1&paging=1#17
thats 8,9 and 15 gallons..
still rather small.
and yes, showing THREE goldfish in that 8 gallon tank is terrible!
mad.gif

and where does the heater and filter go??
must be some kind of undergravel filter..
dont waste your money, these are WAY overpriced for what you get.
and you still cant keep even ONE goldfish in them, even the largest one.
these are just overpriced fads..
a regular, real, aquarium will be much better, LARGER, and cheaper!

Scot

well... i'll put it this way: for $90, you could either buy this glorified minimum-frills fishbowl, OR fully hook up a 10-gallon tank (and larger for a little more!) for pretty much the same price, and probably less if you bought one of those starter sets you see sometimes. also keeping in mind your fancy fishbowl DOES NOT include gravel and decorations, so you'd have to spend more on those anyway. and look at the cost of the replacement filters!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
i spend $6 at Wal-Mart every four months for mine.

also a minor note, acrylic scratches way too easily. glass might be heavy and cumbersome but it holds up much better in the long run.

Back