Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate physics

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God is everything, and everything is a part of god. He is the alpha and the omega. I am beginning not to believe so much in any particular religion, because they all reach toward the same goal, the same point, but they just take different, yet similar paths there. our spiritual strength and knowledge is what matters. Strength is truth and love. Aside from that, would anyone like to comment on the physics and metaphysics that I mentioned? Theese newer discoveries could be the basis of space travel in the future.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, Jesus expressed the sam concept in another way, in a different setting. Basically, the religious leaders, who were clueless to spiritual reality, were getting on His case becuase He didn't ritually wash his hand before eating. This would have made him "unclean". Jesus pointed out that it wasn't the washing of hands that made anybody unclean, but what was inside. Here's the reference for it. from Mark 7:

14 And he called the people to him again, and said to them, "Hear me, all of you, and understand: 15 there is nothing outside a man which by going into him can defile him; but the things which come out of a man are what defile him." 16 * [No text] 17 And when he had entered the house, and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable. 18 And he said to them, "Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a man from outside cannot defile him, 19 since it enters, not his heart but his stomach, and so passes on?" (Thus he declared all foods clean.) 20 And he said, "What comes out of a man is what defiles a man. 21 For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, fornication, theft, murder, adultery, 22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a man."

And in another instance, in Matthew 23, He gets very blunt with the religious leaders for their hypocracy:

25 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the plate, but inside they are full of extortion and rapacity. 26 You blind Pharisee! first cleanse the inside of the cup and of the plate, that the outside also may be clean. 27 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. 28 So you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but within you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity

It has always been about what was in one's heart or eye or in their culture - the kidney - that is important.

Hey, I'm still waiting for dilithium crystals for space travel! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe God is a metaphor.

or maybe i'm going crazy and my years of wild hedonism are catching up with me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a guy trying to back religion with science.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or that physics and science can someday explain the existance of god and the human spirit. Science is very close to being on equal ground, and scientificly explaining aspects of human spirit and conciousness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're interested in some real physics unadulterated with new-age mumbo-jumbo or religion, I can give a list of excellent books, from layperson level through advanced technical monographs.

Most of the stuff in my library deals with my former academic interest: the life cycle of stars and supernovae.

Anything by John Gribbin is an excellent read.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see ya again [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] . Missed ya. I am contemplating majoring in physics if I go to college. What do you guys think?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast