What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate physics

• Thread starter lol
  • Start date
  • Tags
    major
confused.gif

Or that physics and science can someday explain the existance of god and the human spirit. Science is very close to being on equal ground, and scientificly explaining aspects of human spirit and conciousness.

If you're interested in some real physics unadulterated with new-age mumbo-jumbo or religion, I can give a list of excellent books, from layperson level through advanced technical monographs.

Most of the stuff in my library deals with my former academic interest: the life cycle of stars and supernovae.

Anything by John Gribbin is an excellent read.

Nice to see ya again
biggrin.gif
. Missed ya. I am contemplating majoring in physics if I go to college. What do you guys think?

I was a physics major in college - switched to architecture after a year. While I'm good at math and science, I was starting to go crazy doing problems 1-52 in the textbooks every night. I needed to do something more tangible and use the creative side of my brain. Of course, I'm also impatient with things like that. Physics, though, is really cool. Fascinating stuff, and it's a great major. But don't expect to unlock any spiritual truths. The math that describes just the mundane stuff is enough to make your head spin. Going further than that usually begins to become more philosopy than science.

Jim: Just a humorous aside, it turns out that washing ones hands actually did make you clean. LOL! Hygiene of that sort is one of the main reasons we live a lot longer than in Jesus' day. That and antibiotics. I'm obviously kidding, because he was right about the Pharisees (even from my atheistic point of view) and making a good point about shallow rituals.

Capslock

Hey Max, I don't know what it is about our species that they feel it necessary to attach and confuse external rituals with having relevancy to spiritual truths. As you pointed out, the Pharisees totally missed the point about cleanliness. They never connected physical cleanliness with spiritual cleanliness.

Back