Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane rita

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say we should name one after our prez ... for obvious reasons that I shouldnt have to go into.
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here we go again! i have lots of family in and around galveston. that's where i grew up. they are all headed this way and are just praying there is something to go back to.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel for your family Prizmbatch, I've been in their shoes. I hope everything works out ok.

The Ocean temp has risen by 1 degree over the last 20 years (I think). That is a lot when a storm has 1000's of miles of water to cross and grow. The number of storms is not really related to heat. But the storms grow bigger with the hotter waters. So because we had so many storms this years is not because of the greenhouse effect. The fact that they are stronger than normal may be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can only hope for the best. And hopefully do a much better job of preparing for the worst.

By the way, we've only seen the first small part of the predicted global warming. Maybe the Category 5 storms of today are the Category 1 storms of 2200. The evidence for global warming is far more compelling than the "evidence" that "justified" the US spending hundreds of billions of dollars to further destabilize the Middle East. We should have put that and more into reducing CO2 emissions.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the major engine of this climate change is due to human technology. I think it's a cycle of the planet, as well as a result of the sun's misbehavior. I predicted when I was about... 12 that the sun would increases in activity (solar flares and such) and that all that energy hitting the earth would cause many things to change. I even drew out a whole map of cause and effect and everything. I'm sure hurricane activity could be connected to the sun as well.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ooh we have another Indigo child on your hands i see.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good luck, everyone! BTW, they've never had to start using the greek letters before, the hurricanes for the year stopped at 21- just before they started using them. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, I wish I had the writing ability so that this would come across in the spirit in which I mean it.

But don't be believing you have powers or special abilities. It isn't healthy. According to this thread, at the age of 12 you predicted "... the sun would increases in activity (solar flares and such) and that all that energy hitting the earth would cause many things to change." You also "... drew out a whole map of cause and effect and everything." In another topic you said you "... have a nack (intuition) for being able to weed out theories and information that aren't right ...."

Maybe you have those abilities. But, in the entire history of the planet, you'd be the first. But millions have deluded themselves into thinking they did. Please don't let yourself become one of them.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast