Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane rita

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could we not stop global warming by all of us turning on our ACs to the max and opening all of our doors and windows?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, but have to burn lots more coal to provide the electricity for the AC units!
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to make better use of solar power. The sun is free.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Starman @ Sep. 22 2005,8:21)]
    Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ Sep. 21 2005,6:18)]
    Quote[/b] ]I'd like to slap some of the people who fought so fiercely against the idea of climate change. It's real, and it's global!
    Hurricane activity cannot be linked so definitely to climate change. Over the last decade there have actually been fewer cyclones and typhoons worldwide, although more have reached category 4 and 5. The exception is the North Atlantic where there have been more frequent and stronger hurricanes. You're looking at a fairly narrow corridor of water here, stretching from west Africa into the Carribbean and Gulf waters. What relationship does an increase in storm activity here, yet a drop elsewhere in the world have with global warming? Localised increases in sea temperature lasting a decade or more are nothing unusual, and America was still getting pummelled by category 5s in the past.
    I dont agree.
    When I met Jekka McVicar, she said that when she moved here 25 years ago it was just breezes in winter......but now its HUGE gales and fences get blown away and stuff.
    And I can back that up.......for last few years the gales got worse and every winter our fence gets knocked over or severly damaged.
    When I first moved to england there were gales, but never ever as bad as this.
    i dont think thats entirley true. on the news, they say global warming and ozone situation ect. is making hurricanes stronger. Just barley they say, but it is making them stronger for sure they say.
    Quit reading my mind!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good news. they says Rita is now a cat 3. check out these images.

http://weather.yahoo.com/images/s_ce...at_440x297.jpg

and heres a close up.. and you can see Houston and the city of Katy is in its path
    http://images.ibsys.com/hou/images/w...ar_320x240.gif

you can tell were Galveston is, its in front of the only visible bay on the map
    Quit reading my mind!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]We need to make better use of solar power. The sun is free.
    aaaaaaaah, i dunno

Photovoltaics has failed to live up to its promises. After decades, its still very expensive and inefficient
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read about some pretty amazing photovoltaics hiding in some of the labs out there... I don't remember where I read it, but it sounded like there's hope in the next decade or so.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding solar power, you can most likely get a solar powered house to pay for itself by using the right setup, and pumping extra energy back into the grid. I think when you do that, you actualy get money from the power companies. I know various radio personalities have done something like that.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast