Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Serving size

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL is right. if they had a pill with 100% of everything you need we wouldn't have to eat anything at all except that pill. and water, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]All you really need to survive are sufficient amounts of the vitamins, amino acids, proteins, trace elements and minerals that mantain our bodies
    no, this is a false statement

we need calories to 'burn' in our bodies to convert to energy. All the other stuff is needed for it to work smoothly but doesent provide the raw energy needed for movement and bodu functions.
    that makes no logic

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, we do need calories. That's why they sugdest we eat 2,000 a day, because we need that much energy.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (lol @ Sep. 24 2005,9:59)]All you really need to survive are sufficient amounts of the vitamins, amino acids, proteins, trace elements and minerals that mantain our bodies.
    Well, relative to what most people in the first world eat, this has some truth. Really, though, it's just a crash diet - when you don't get carbs (and the sugars derived from them,) your body fuels itself by burning stored fat, which won't last forever. To 'run,' all you need is sugar; it makes your nerves and muscles work. Many (if not most) insects consume sugar almost exclusively, because they are born with all of the nutrients they will ever need and their physiology is designed in such a way as to not deteriorate enough to need regeneration over their lifetime. All they have to eat is sugar to keep things running. But to really stay alive, humans need some of everything, because the machinery of your body is made from vitamins, minerals and protiens and will break down without raw nutrients to sustain the material lost from normal wear and tear.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vitamins etc aside, I eat cause I like it!
    Eating a fine meal is definitely one of life's pleasures, along with good company and a good laugh.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That too. But I hate the thought of getting old, feeble and weak. If we find the key to propper eating, nourishing our bodies can be they key to extended youth. I don't want eternal life, I just want to keep my youth, my strength and stamina, and that's why I eat as well as I can.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I just want to keep my youth, my strength and stamina,
    Good luck there! lol Sooner or later, age is gonna getcha. No escaping it. All of a sudden your body starts doing strange things against your will. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    generally Ive noticed, 1 serving size = 1 mouthfull [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast