What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serving size

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
Vitamins etc aside, I eat cause I like it!
Eating a fine meal is definitely one of life's pleasures, along with good company and a good laugh.

That too. But I hate the thought of getting old, feeble and weak. If we find the key to propper eating, nourishing our bodies can be they key to extended youth. I don't want eternal life, I just want to keep my youth, my strength and stamina, and that's why I eat as well as I can.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I just want to keep my youth, my strength and stamina,

Good luck there! lol Sooner or later, age is gonna getcha. No escaping it. All of a sudden your body starts doing strange things against your will.
confused.gif

generally Ive noticed, 1 serving size = 1 mouthfull
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Sep. 27 2005,11:35)]Good luck there!  lol  Sooner or later, age is gonna getcha.  No escaping it.  All of a sudden your body starts doing strange things against your will.  
confused.gif
Yeah, unless you have the metabolism of a shrew, nearly all of us who were "twigs" as kids, who could anything that didn't us first, or wasn't nailed to the ground, will procure a small, yet annoying gut.
mad.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif

no kidding! thats what happened to dad

I weigh less now than I did 20 years ago LOL

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CNCreefer @ Sep. 27 2005,7:39)]I weigh less now than I did 20 years ago LOL
Braggart!
smile_n_32.gif

Probably had a limb amputated!

Maybe 2.

Which limb Troy??
smile_l_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CNCreefer @ Sep. 28 2005,9:04)]Nope. I just have the metabolism of a hummingbird
confused.gif
I used to have one like that - until I turned 25. After that it has been a battle.

I NEVER HAD THE METABOLISM OF A HUMMINGBIRD, @#$%! I'm 14 and my metabolism is 12 times SLOWER than anybody else my age... I should be able to eat like a normal person and maintain a normal weight, but NOOOOO!!! I have to work out more than any teenager does and eat like a @#$$% health nut to be a healthy weight... *breathes into paper bag*

Anyway, I don't care if the serving size crap is all about calories in servings... if it's not meant to dictate how much one would eat in one serving, then why is it called a serving size? Why don't they put down nutritional facts for a NORMAL sized portion instead of an anorexic portion? 1/2 cup of ice cream? Who eats half a cup of ice cream? And 1/4 cup of fruit loops... WHAT! Two fig newtons... BS. Two SLEEVES of fig newtons!!

Dangit, it doesn't matter how large the serving is. If you can do math, then it tells you the concentration of fats and nutrients in your food. I mean, it's the same wether the serving size is 1 cup or 3. Your weight has a lot to do with genetics, and you can be hefty and still be healthy as long as you eat right. Some of us just aren't fortunate enough to look like supermodels and there's not much of anything we can do about it, but atleast you can control the general health of your body. Something to the effect of self-dicipline. I really don't see why people complain about serving sizes. Just doesn't make sense to me
confused.gif

Those serving sizes are definately screwed up! I ate a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch and got realy sick,still recovering infact. The nutritional facts said that it had 3.5 grams of fat per serving,I later found out that was for 3\4 cup! I had like 15 grams of fat no wonder I got sick! I agree they should definately put REALISTIC serving sizes. Who eats 3\4 cup of cereal?!?!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Oct. 03 2005,11:26)]Who eats 3\4 cup of cereal?!?!
mad.gif
A 1 year old!

ROFLMAO
smile_n_32.gif
Jeez I burned off all my calories laughing
smile_n_32.gif
I better get me a serving or 10 of something to eat
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Oct. 03 2005,11:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Oct. 03 2005,11:26)]Who eats 3\4 cup of cereal?!?!
mad.gif
A 1 year old!
*Thinks back at little sister 2 yrs ago* yep you`re right!

Back